Glee Season 6 Spoilers Episode 2 – “Homecoming”
It’s a Glee season 6 spoiler bonanza! We spilled the “Homecoming” song list a few days ago. Complimenting the set list reveal, here is a little EXCLUSIVE plot summary of Glee Season 6, Episode 2.
* If you use my spoilers I would like a credit as mjsbigblog.com AND a link bank. Thanks a bunch!
- Homecoming was written by Ryan Murphy and directed by Brad Buecker
- The grads come back to Lima for Homecoming, including Mercedes, Artie, Tina, Puck, Quinn, Santana, and Brittany.
- Brittany and Santana are still a couple. Puck and Quinn too.
- Karofsky and Blaine are also still a couple. No major movement in their storyline in this episode.
- Kitty Wilde makes an appearance! The first newbie returns.
- Spencer (We revealed some casting news HERE) and Roderick are back after making their first appearance in 6×01. We meet the rest of the McKinley high newbies: the quirky Jane and the twin cheerios, Madison and Mason.
- The grads return to Lima after Rachel asks them to help her recruit new Glee club members.
- Quinn, Brittany, Santana and Artie recruit the cheerleaders. Kitty is the HBIC. She’s very bitter about how she was treated by the Glee grads and by Artie when he left for college.
- Sue forced the rest of the Glee club newbies to transfer out of McKinley after she disbanded the club.
- Puck, Quinn, Sam, Tina and Mercedes attempt to recruit amongst McKinley’s Christian tea party.
- Kurt has a one-on-one recruitment session with Spencer. Kurt feels Glee paved the way for the kind of tolerance that allows Spencer to be out and proud. Spencer insists that he paved his own way. They don’t part as BFFs. Spencer says NO to joining the Glee club
- Sue tries to convince Spencer to help her destroy the Glee club.
- A power struggle emerges between Rachel and Kurt. There’s an issue over whether the two will be co-directors, or if Kurt will be an assistant.
- Rachel, Kurt, Blaine and Sam have dinner with Will. Despite being rivals, they pledge not to undermine each other. Kurt is uneasy, but he keeps his cool in Blaine’s presence.
- Jane is initially a Dalton student. She wants to become a Warbler. Blaine is actually really supportive, even enlisting Rachel to help her Warbler audition, but it is the rest of the all-male club that resist admitting a female. Jane ends up defecting to McKinley.
- After the defection, Blaine accuses Rachel and Kurt of purposely undermining him.
- Roderick is a senior, and a transfer student. He’s a shy fat kid, smart and nerdy. But when he sings, imagine Jack Black or Joe Cocker. He auditions for Glee club, along with the Cheerio twins, Mason and Madison.
Just a few items:
- Dinner at Mr. Schue’s house is the new/old Monday Night Dinner
- The couples Kurt/Blaine/Kurofsky, Quinn/Puck, Brittany/Santana, aren’t the focus of this episode. It’s all about recruiting new members for the Glee club. None of the couples have one on one scenes.
- Brittany gives Kurt relationship advice, but it’s played for laughs (aka super-jokey Brittany speak.)
- For Blaine, dating Karofsky is about shaking his life up post-break up with Kurt.
- There is a pep rally everyone attends, including Karofsky and Blaine. (ETA: This is a night time pep rally complete with bonfire. “Home” is sung in this scene) This happens after Blaine’s tiff with Rachel and Kurt.
ETA: An actress who auditioned for the role of Jane uploaded a video of her audition to vimeo. It didn’t survive for long up there, but a transcript of the dialog is HERE. It turns out Jane became a student at Dalton after her dad–an alumni of the school (and of the Warblers) sued to get her in.
More Glee Season 6 Spoilers:
So what do you think? I’m happy that Kitty is back! She was my favorite of the season 4 newbies. This season’s newbies, don’t seem to be clones of the graduates, which I find encouraging. I may actually wind up liking these new characters.
What do you think? Sound off in comments!