The Voice 9 Top 9 Predictions, iTunes Charts, Poll Results
Cover your eyes and shield the kids! Tonight’s it’s the big The Voice semifinal BLOOD BATH. Five singers will leave the competition tonight. The bottom 3 will be eliminated immediately. The 4th, 5th and 6th place vote getters will perform a save me song for a fourth spot in next week’s final. Jordan Smith will be relaxing backstage with a martini. Just kidding! Sort of.
Join us here at 8 pm ET as we live blog The Voice semifinal results! If you dare…
Let’s check out the iTunes rankings at the close of the voting period, your poll results and predictions for tonight’s resutls.
iTunes Rankings as of 12:06 pm.
In past seasons, four or five contestants vied for a spot in the following week’s final. Now, with NINE contestants competing in a very high-stakes shootout for a spot in the final, fans downloaded like crazy, and the result is 8 contestants in the Top 10. It’s got to be a The Voice first, which host Carson Daly will be bragging about at the top of tonight’s show. Jordan even knocked Queen Adele out of first place. Impressive. These chart positions are so close, however, they aren’t very useful as predictors. Reminding ya’ll that Braiden Sunshine and Jeffery Austin performed early and entered the Top 10 before the voting window opened. Some of those votes will not count.
Amy Vachel did pass singers up on the chart overnight. However, I expected to see her positioned right behind Jordan when all was said and done. Emily in the #4 spot with that decent but not spectacular version of “9 to 5?” And Dolly wasn’t even around to anoint her! She’s got people. Madi Davis, on the other hand, exceeded my expectations with a quirky version of an ancient Four Seasons hit that could be interpreted
by dumb people as a lesbian love song. She’s DEFINITELY got people. Braiden didn’t score as high on the charts as Christian panderers typically do. The bid kept him off the bottom of the chart, at least. Barrett performed about how I expected with that wacky pop flip. Poor Shelby Brown lags, just as she did last week. She’s definitely going home tonight. Jordin Smith is The Voice king, and has no worries whatsoever. WINNING. Note: His “Hallelujah” from last week is out-charting Shelby at #12.
1. Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Somebody to Love
3. Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Believe
4. Emily Ann Roberts – 9 to 5
5. Madi Davis – Team Pharrell – Big Girls Don’t Cry
6. Amy Vachel – Team Adam – To Make You Feel My Love
7. Braiden Sunshine – Team Gwen – Amazing Grace
8. Zach Seabaugh – Team Blake – The Climb
9. Barrett Barber – Team Blake – Ghost
18. Shelby Brown – Team Adam – Even God Must Get the Blues
Here are YOUR poll results. Jeffery and Jordan are running neck and neck for first place, with Jeffery taking a slight lead. Shelby, Braiden and Barrett are our bottom dwellers.
- Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Believe 30.32%
- Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Somebody to Love 29.29%
- Amy Vachal – Team Adam – To Make You Feel My Love 15.62%
- Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – 9 to 5 10.07%
- Madi Davis – Team Pharrell – Big Girls Don’t Cry 7.19%
- Zach Seabaugh – Team Blake – The Climb 3.19%
- Barrett Baber – Team Blake – Ghost 1.54%
- Braiden Sunshine – Team Gwen – Amazing Grace 1.44%
- Shelby Brown – Team Adam – Even God Must Get the Blues 1.34%
For the first time this season, a The Voice episode earns a solid A grade from viewers! Initially taken aback by some pretty strange song choices, the performances did exceed my expectations.
This is hard. Don’t mock me if I’m totally wrong this week, because I very well could be. Here goes.
Advancing to the final immediately: Jordan Smith, Emily Ann Roberts, Amy Vachal. Singing for the Save: Jeffery Austin, Madi Davis, Zach Seabaugh. Eliminated immediately: Shelby Brown, Braiden Sunshine, Barrett Baber. Saved by America: Madi Davis.
What say you?