The Voice revealed the competition’s Top 5 contestants on Tuesday (Dec 6). Season 22 comes to an end with Top 5 performances on Monday and a winner emerging on Tuesday. Here are your The Voice 2022 Finale Rankings.
On Monday (Dec 12), The final five artists will perform a ballad and an up-tempo song in front of coaches Camila Cabello, John Legend, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani to compete for the title of The Voice. On Tuesday (Dec 13), after a nationwide overnight vote, host Carson Daly will announce the winner of season 22!
As far as this week’s rankings are concerned, the order will be based on the strength of the contestants’ performances last week, first and foremost. Having said that, either Bodie or Morgan Myles will win. The crown is up for grabs at this point.
The GOAT Team Blake only lost ONE contestant in the live finals. His artists take up 3 of the 5 finale spots. Teams Camila and Legend each have one contestant in the finals. Although Camila lost the rest of her team the week after the Playoffs, her remaining contestant, Morgan Myles could win, making her somewhat embarrassing record moot. Poor Team Gwen, on what could be her last season coaching the show, she lost her entire team before the finale.
But in the end, could a battle of the coaches fan bases determine the winner of The Voice? Both Camila and Blake have devoted fans who vote for their artists. Blake has three singers in the final, while Camila only has one. While Blake winds down his long stint on the show (He’s exiting after season 23) might that prompt overdrive voting from his fans? But also consider Camila could be one and done on The Voice (she’s not coming back in the Spring). Will her fans vote vote vote for her sole artist, Morgan?
The Voice 2022 Finale Top 5 Rankings
5. Omar Jose Cardona – Team Legend – Omar ranks five after needing to compete in the Instant Save last week. If he turns out incredible performances, maybe he’ll finish in fourth place. ahead of either Bryce or Brayden. But those country singers GOT PEOPLE. It’s very possible Omar takes the last spot next week.
4. Brayden Lape – Team Blake – Brayden has survived week after week without ever needing his coach to save him. He advanced in the Playoffs while Bryce did not! However, Bryce has growing momentum, while Brendan has been coasting on a winsome and appealing personality. As a singer, he has potential: A sweet tone and ability to be vulnerable. The teen singer is underbaked, but on the other hand, being a likeable heart throb could propel him past Bryce in the finals.
3. Bryce Leatherwood – Team Blake – Bryce started the competition as a country singer who ticked all the right boxes, but lacked connection despite his sturdy country vocals. Blake tuned right into that weakness and the two got to work on making Bryce a country singer with a personal story to tell. Through song choices and even small changes like taking off his dang cowboy hat of for once, Bryce has become a relatable performer. He’s not going to win, but third place is a very possible finish.
2. Morgan Myles – Team Camila – Morgan’s Lady Gaga cover, dedicated to her late cousin, was the performance of the night last week. Bodie, her toughest competition had a weak night. But either artist could win! Morgan is a seasoned vet with a rangy voice, beautiful creative phrasing, and the ability to tell a story. She can sing across several genres and knows how to turn it UP when necessary. Camila lets her do her thing, which is good. Morgan knows what she’s doing. Maybe she’ll pull out a religious song for the finale. Or perform a very specific song she’s been saving in her back pocket. It hasn’t been said enough–besides delivering incredible vocals week after week, she is a competitive and strategic game player.
1. Bodie – Team Blake – Morgan is a better singer than Bodie. But he’s had momentum all season and is one of the most credible contemporary pop singers to compete on The Voice. He’s a musically gifted performer who tackles difficult songs, yet makes it look easy. He also comes across as a likeable, grounded guy. Maybe it’s his strong spiritual background and a lifetime performing in church, but his connection to the audience while he sings is visceral. He could win it all.
The Voice final five performance show airs on NBC Monday Dec 12 at 8 pm. On Tuesday, Dec 13 at 8 pm, it’s a CLIP SHOW titled “Live Cutdown Show.” The finale and WINNER REVEAL airs at 9 pm ET/PT.