Since there can be only one… like a Highlander… this season, I’ve decided to combo the power list this week, based on who has the best chance of winning. And we’re COUNTING DOWN. #changeup
6) Casey Askew- Even if he miraculously survives this week, and knocks off Zack, he just can’t win. He’s the least hyped member of the Top 6, and it’s literally a miracle he’s survived this long. I do agree that he’s improved, and that he’s a good dancer, but cannon fodder rarely wins the whole shebang, and Casey was cannon fodder.
5) Jacque LeWarne- She outlasted her boyfriend, and didn’t share a single moment on stage with him. I think Rudy’s fans caught onto the fact that their flirtation was all for ratings, and she’s not going to pick up Rudy’s fanbase. Plus, Nigel has the chance to have TWO tappers in the finale, and if you don’t think he wants that… you’re cray cray. You’re loco in the head. Granted, the votes have already been cast, but I expect a giant torpedo to be launched at Jacque this week.
4) Jessica Richens- She’s had two MAYBE three standout routines this season. When the judges have a hard time picking routines for her to redo, we’ll realize how little she deserves to win. Jessica lacks the emotional connection to most of her pieces, and spent half of the season being told she was going downhill. She’s not this seasons winner.
3) Valerie Rockey- While she might be the girls great white hope for a winner this year, she’s still got her haters. This seems to be a Zack vs Ricky fight, with Zack hoping to underdog his way to the finale. Valerie got to the finale, largely BECAUSE of Ricky. She’s not the strongest dancer, but she’s incredibly likeable. There is a small chance she walks away with the whole thing, if Ricky and Zack split enough votes… but I think 3rd place is about what she can expect.
2) Zack Everhart- I think Ricky is this years Melanie. It’s nice to see Zack fighting his way, and delivering memorable routines, but Ricky has been uber pimped beyond all recognition. He’s featured in every group dance, and barely gets feedback. Zack has struggled, with some bottom appearances. America likes the underdog, but will they vote him as the winner?
1) Ricky Ubeda- Isn’t he performing as an All-Star this week? Ricky, AKA the son Nigel wishes he had, is some kind of messiah prophet for So You Think You Can Dance. He’s what Billy Bell hoped he could be. Ricky is Melanie times 1000, in that Sasha and Marko had much stronger fanbases than Zack and Valerie. Ricky seems to be running away with this season, and the judges are so confident he’s going to win, they just don’t care what non-feedback they offer him. Nigel jokes about Ricky’s results, as if to say “I’m an executive producer, and what you don’t know is that Ricky pulls in 4 times more votes than any other contestant, but we still want this season to seem like it has a point.” He’s overpraised, certainly, but you can’t help feeling that everyone has bought into the hype. And it has a lot to do with Ricky’s personality, his gratitude, and his ability to make Valerie look like a better dancer.