Update: On the John Jay and Rich show this afternoon, Paula Abdul says next week’s theme is “#1 Downloads”. That narrows it down a little…
I’ve confirmed that next week’s theme will be “Top Downloads”. So, yes, it is an iTunes related theme…. Good work Top Idol!
Update: Now with Press Conference quotes! AND Good Day NY and LA videos after the jump.
More interviews from Idol bootee, Michael Sarverr:
Michael tells Ryan Seacrest on his radio show this morning that he’s a songwriter, and has written hundreds of songs since the age of 14. I did not know that! Michael is also flattered that the judges actually considered saving him (nice of him to say–if that little post-song conference the judges had wasn’t fake, I’ll eat my hat.)
Quotes from today’s press conference:
- Is having young kids a disadvantage? “Actually, I would consider myself at an advantage because I have a level of inspiration from something that someone without kids doesn’t get to experience. They are rock solid and they are the core of my purpose. They’ve driven me into this and have been so inspiring in the way that they love me and support me and if anything it would be an advantage rather than a disadvantage. Without a doubt difficult and very hard to deal with at times, missing them, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”
- He describes the album he’ll make, “It’s definitely gonna be an R&B pop soul album. I really like the R&B pop style of Justin Timberlake, all the way across the aisle to Gavin Degraw and bringing in some of that soulful rock, just a combination of those kinds of things.”
- Does Simon and Paula horsing around frustrate him? “Number one, I enjoy that because what people need to understand is that this is supposed to be a fun thing. It’s supposed to be enjoyable, it’s supposed to be the time of our lives and they help make it that by goofing around–like Simon coloring on Paula’s face. That was just absolutely hilarious. It does make it complicated sometimes when, if you may feel like they’re not really listening to you, but overall the fun that they’re having on the show makes everybody smile and that’s what entertainment is all about–bringing a positive light to the TV world.”
- He and Danny and Anoop played basketball the other night. What kind of player is Anoop? “Anoop can play some ball, but I’ll tell you he’s a very intense basketball player…and when Anoop missed he did not like it. He would beat himself up until he got it. Very intense, very passionate about a sport that he loves very much.”
- About Kara’s comment that she didn’t know what kind of artist he was–does he feel he showed America the artist he is? “I really do actually feel like I showed that, number one, I’m not as country as people thought, and number two, that there’s a lot of soul in me. And I’m a soul singer. It doesn’t matter if you mix soul with rock, pop or R&B ‘ there’s soul. I believe I established that, and I believe that I established that I’m the type of artist that will not only work my tail off to do what I do, but that I never give less than 110 percent when I’m performing, and I believe I showed that.”
- Michael is a songwriter, “There’s something that America does not know so much about me, but they’ll find out. I am a serious writer and I’ve written over 890 songs since the age of 14. And there’s a lot of stories…a lot of life, hard lived life, good lived life and my happiness that I’ve experienced in life now all through my music and I’m gonna share it.”
Here’s his interview with FOX NY. I JUST ADDED GOOD DAY LA! Michael seems like an all-round good guy:
Video after the Jump
video courtesy of lawrence