Dancing with the Stars reveals dance styles and format for Monday’s upcoming semi-final round. The remaining Tommy Chong, Bethany Mota, Janel Parrish, Alfonso Ribeiro, and Sadie Robertson will perform to TWO different versions of the same song. One plugged, the other unplugged.
The big news? The Voice 6 2nd runner-up, Christina Grimmie, will make her 2nd Dancing with the Stars appearance to perform an unplugged version of “Love Runs Out” by OneRepublic for Alfonso & Witney.
Also, YouTube star, Noah Guthrie will sing an unplugged performance of “Problem” by Ariana Grande for Sadie & Mark. If you haven’t heard of Noah, you will soon. He’s been cast to play Roderick, one of 5 new McKinley High students, in the upcoming season of Glee. He’s currently filming with the cast now. Glee returns to FOX at midseason.
The couples will perform a Jazz, Quickstep, Samba, Paso Doble or Argentine Tango to an original or “plugged” version of their selected song. In round two of the competition, the couples will perform an Argentine Tango, Rumba, or Contemporary routine to an acoustic or “unplugged” version of that same song. At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated and four couples will move on to the finals.
Couples will be dancing to the following “Plugged/Unplugged” songs:
- Tommy Chong & Peta Murgatroyd – “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell and “unplugged” version by Hannah Peel
- Bethany Mota & Derek Hough – “I Want You Back” by Jackson 5 and “unplugged” version by The Civil Wars
- Janel Parrish & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – “Blame” by Calvin Harris, featuring a guest “unplugged” performance by Time For Three
- Alfonso Ribeiro & Witney Carson – “Love Runs Out” by One Republic, featuring a guest “unplugged” performance by Christina Grimmie
- Sadie Robertson & Mark Ballas – “Problem” by Ariana Grande, featuring guest “unplugged” performance by Noah Guthrie
Two-time Mirrorball champion and actress Julianne Hough joins Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba at the judges’ desk. Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines vying for a chance to win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy.
More details about the Dancing with the Stars: Live! Tour will launch December 27th and run through February 15th. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.dwtstour.com/. Sasha Farber, Keo Motsepe and two-time champion Kym Johnson will join Mark Ballas and Witney Carson on the tour. Further announcements will be made throughout the season.