What I said in last night’s Polls post holds true this morning. Jordan Smith is far and away The Voice viewers favorite, and it looks like he’s a sure thing for the finals. However, I’m not going to declare him the winner YET. We’ve got Mr. Plane Crash Dad of the Year dude, Barrett Baber performing on tonight’s live show for Team Blake. He’ll surely be a contender.
If iTunes is an indicator, it looks like Jordan Smith, Amy Vachal and Shelby Brown will move on to the finals for Team Adam. Jeffery Austin, Ellie Lawrence and Braiden Sunshine are set for Team Gwen. But don’t forget, the coaches CHOOSE one team member for the finals. Adam could decide that he absolutely has to have a rocker representing, and pick Keith Semple. It could happen. I think Gwen will agree with America, and choose any of the above three as her pick if they don’t come in first or second.
iTunes rankings at close of voting period (12 pm ET)
3. Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Halo
25. Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Say You Love Me
29. Amy Vachal – Team Adam – The Way You Look Tonight
43. Ellie Lawrence – Team Gwen – Ex’s and Oh’s
62. Braiden Sunshine – Team Gwen – Everything I Own
66. Shelby Brown – Team Adam – You’re No Good
75. Blaine Mitchell – Team Adam – Never Tear Us Apart
77. Viktor Kiraly – Team Gwen – All Around the World
80. Chance Peña – Team Adam – Barton Hollow
115. Keith Semple – Team Adam – To Be With You
181. Korin Bukowski – Team Gwen – Adia
Not in the Top 200 – Regina Love – Team Gwen – Hello
Jordan’s prior performances, “Chandelier” and “Set Fire to the Rain” re-charted last night. But as an FYI: Only live show performances will count towards the finale cumulative total That is, all downloads, in and out of the voting periods, of eligible performances (not duets) from the LIVE SHOWS will be counted as votes for the finale. It’s nice that Jordan’s older performances are charting, but they will never count as votes.
Here’s how YOU voted in our polls:
Jeffery topped our poll. But we tend to do our own thing here, don’t we? Heh. Jordan isn’t far behind in second place. Viktor is the third favorite for Team Gwen. Ugh. I wish she’d pick him for the finals over Braiden, but that will never happen. Poor Regina Love, trailing in every way. You failed that girl, Gwen. She could have chosen better songs for Korin and Viktor, too.
The Voice 9 Live Playoffs 1 – Favorite Performance
- Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Say You Love Me 23.89%
- Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Halo 20.68%
- Ellie Lawrence – Team Gwen – Ex’s & Oh’s 16.58%
- Amy Vachal – Team Adam – The Way You Look Tonight 9.45%
- Viktor Kiraly – Team Gwen – All Around the World 7.31%
- Shelby Brown – Team Adam – You’re No Good 4.99%
- Chance Pena – Team Adam – Barton Hollow 3.92%
- Blaine Mitchell – Team Adam – Never Tear Us Apart 3.21%
- Korin Bukowski – Team Gwen – Adia 3.03%
- Braiden Sunshine – Team Gwen – Everything I Own by Bread 2.67%
- Keith Semple – Team Adam – To Be With You 2.5%
- Regina Love – Team Gwen – Hell0 1.77%
Team Gwen on top. I voted Team Adam, even if my favorite (Jeffery) resides on Team Gwen. Come to think of it, Team Gwen is my favorite, but I think Team Adam is stronger overall.
The Voice 9 Live Playoffs 1 – Favorite Team
- Team Gwen Stefani 58.58%
- Team Adam Levine 41.42%
The Voice 9 – Live Playoffs 1 – Grade the Episode
You graded the episode a B, verging on a B-. I’d give it a solid B at least. Maybe because I’m so relieved that the live shows are here!
- B 52.79%
- C 23.93%
- A 16.72%
- D 4.92%
- F 1.64%
A couple of points made in comments last night: I agree that Jordan would be no big deal if he were a handsome guy. He’s being packaged as an ordinary Joe who The Voice is bestowing an opportunity upon that he’d never get otherwise. HAVEN’T WE BEEN SAYING IT’S ALL ABOUT THE VOICE YA’LL.
The comparisons to Susan Boyle are apt. His appeal is mostly backstory. But unlike Boyle, I don’t see the potential to sell a bajillion records post show. Adam can go right ahead and make ridiculous hyperbolic statements like he’s the most important The Voice contestant EVAH or make comparisons to God. But when the pimping hands Republic Records a singer they can’t market, he better not whine to the press when The Voice, once again, fails to deliver a star.