The Voice season 18 airs its first results show tonight. Unlike last night’s performance episode, the elimination will happen in real time. With everybody beaming in from remote locations, this should be interesting!
Here is how the results will work
The highest vote getting singer from each team moves on to Top 9, each coach picks a team member to make a Top 8. Then, once the Top 8 is revealed, the singer who received the next highest number of votes on their team, will perform in the 4 way wildcard. Fans will vote in real time. I expect that all 17 artists recorded a “save me” song, because live performances would be too complicated and risky for the remote set up.
Like last week, Todd Tilghman sits at the top of the poll by a wide margin. Blake always has a guy like Todd on his team–a male mainstream country singer or retro rock dude. And they usually end up in the finals, if not win outright. Thunderstorm Artis is the only artist to make it into double digits!
- Todd Tilghman – Glory of Love by Peter Cetera 41.44%
- Thunderstorm Artis – Summertime from Porgy & Bess 14.9%
- Micah Iverson – Your Song by Elton John 8.37%
- Toneisha Harris – What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger) by Kelly Clarkson 6.8%
- Allegra Miles – New York State of Mind by Billy Joel 6.14%
- CamWess – Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withe 4.44%
- Megan Danielle – Anyone by Demi Lovato 4.18%
- Joanna Seranko – Rich Girl by Hall and Oates 3.01%
- Zan Fiskum – Blowing in the Wind by Bob Dylan 2.61%
- Cedrice – Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish 2.22%
- Michael Williams – Sign of the Times by Harry Styles 1.96%
- Joei Fulco – Runaway by Del Shannon (Bonnie Raitt) 1.44%
- Mandi Castillo – ¡Corre! by Jesse & Joy 1.05%
- Arie Moon – Finesse by Bruno Mars 0.52%
- Roderick Chambers – I’m Lost Without You by Robin Thicke 0.52%
- Mandi Thomas – I Hope You Dance by Garth Brooks 0.26%
- Mike Jerrell – With All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo 0.13%
Which Two Team Blake Artists Will Move on to The Top 9
I think you guys nailed it. Todd will earn the most votes, Blake will pick Toneisha. And Joanna will sing for the wild card.
- Todd Tilghman – Team Blake 40.44%
- Toneisha Harris – Team Blake 36.41%
- Joanna Seranko – Team Blake 15.09%
- Joei Fulco – Team Blake 8.06%
Which Two Team Kelly Artists Will Move on to The Top 9
Kelly’s two favorite artists are CLEARLY Micah and Megan. One will win America’s vote, Kelly will pick the other. Hm. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Cedrice gets the wildcard spot. But she may just be too eclectic for America.
- Micah Iverson – Team Kelly 41.68%
- Megan Danielle – Team Kelly 32.81%
- Cedrice – Team Kelly 18.47%
- Mandi Thomas – Team Kelly 7.04%
Which Two Team Legend Artists Will Move on to The Top 9
I think Zan will win America’s Vote and John will pick Cam. Mandi Castillo will sing for the wildcard. I don’t think Mike had his his best night.
- CamWess – Team Legend 40.7%
- Zan Fiskum – Team Legend 32.29%
- Mandi Castillo – Team Legend 20.48%
- Mike Jerrell – Team Legend 6.53%
Which Two Team Nick Artists Will Move on to The Top 9
Thunderstorm Artis will win America’s vote. If he doesn’t, Nick will pick him. Nick will likely pick Allegra. I’ll say Michael sings in the wildcard.
- Thunderstorm Artis – Team Nick 43.96%
- Allegra Miles – Team Nick 36.47%
- Michael Williams – Team Nick 8.7%
- Arie Moon – Team Nick 7.97%
- Roderick Chambers – Team Nick 2.9%
Grade the Episode
You gave last night’s episode a B+.
- B 51.03%
- A 28.62%
- C 16.21%
- D 2.07%
- F 2.07%
I think you guys nailed the Top 2 from each team. Here’s a summary of what I wrote above:
Team Blake: Todd Tilghman – America, Toneisha Harris – Blake
Team Kelly: Megan Danielle – America, Micah Iverson – Kelly
Team Legend: Zan Fiskum – America, CamWess – John
Team Nick: Thunderstorm Artis – America, Allegra Miles – Nick
Wildcard: Joanna Serenko, Cedrice, Mandi Castillo, Michael Williams