What’s happening on next week’s American Idol
The Top 7 will be revealed, reigning American Idol winner Laine Hardy performs, two themes include Mothers Day and Disney. In normal times the themes would each have led two separate American Idol episodes.
American Idol gets closer to crowning the 2020 winner with an all-new episode revealing who America voted into the Top 7, Sunday, May 10 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. In the hybrid Disney and Mother’s Day show, the remaining finalists will perform two songs each; one from the renowned Disney songbook and the second dedicated to the mother figures in their lives as a Mother’s Day tribute. Season 17 winner, Laine Hardy, returns to perform “Life is a Highway” and share his journey after winning the show last year. (TV-PG, L) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
I wonder why Laine is singing a cover, rather than promote one of his new singles?
‘American Idol’‘s Top 11 finalists include the following
- Arthur Gunn – Wichita, KS
- Dillon James – Bakersfield, CA
- Francisco Martin – Daly City, CA
- Grace Leer – Nashville, TN
- Jonny West – Studio City, CA
- Jovin Webb – Baton Rouge, LA
- Julia Gargano – Staten Island, NY
- Just Sam – West Hollywood, CA
- Louis Knight – Narberth, PA
- Makayla Phillips – Temecula, CA
- Sophia James (Wackerman) – Long Beach, CA
Helping to determine who America will ultimately vote for to become the next singing sensation are all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. Ryan Seacrest returns as host of the beloved series, and multimedia personality Bobby Bones continues his role as in-house mentor.