I am still vacillating on my prediction pick. Will Sundance Head or Billy Gilman win The Voice season 11? Sundance won the iTunes chart race last night, but that doesn’t necessarily determine the winner. Also, Sundance is maybe splitting some votes with the other country finalist, Josh Gallagher? But vote splitting isn’t such a big deal with voting limits in place. Plus, Scotty McCreery won American Idol season 10, no problem, while another country singer, Lauren Alaina nabbed runner-up.
Speaking of country singers: Voting show fans love their country singers–especially if they’re from the south. Yeah. That notion led to my totally WRONG prediction that Adam Wakefield would prevail over Alisan Porter on The Voice season 10.
Like Alisan, Billy came into the competition with a well-known resume. Sundance Head, as a former American Idol semi-finalist was somewhat well known as well. And his dad had a hit record in the 60s! And Justin Bieber TWEETED his support for Billy. But then again, considering the current political climate, maybe America is STILL not ready to crown an openly gay singer on a popular network singing show…
Check out last night’s The Voice polls and recap.
iTunes Chart Update as of 12:01 pm EST:
Sundance holds the #1 and #2 position. Plus, his fabulous duet with Blake Shelton also hit the Top 10. But remember: Duet downloads aren’t counted as votes. Still, it’s an indication of the impact Sundance’s performances had on viewers last night. However, both Billy and Sundance delivered strong, crowd pleasing performances last night. Wé McDonald managed to climb into the Top 10 with her original song. But so did Josh Gallagher.
Eleven of The Voice final performances entered the Top 20. Seven entered the Top 10. Four hit the Top 5.
1. Sundance Head – Team Blake – Darlin’ Don’t Go (Original)
2. Sundance Head – Team Blake – At Last
3. Billy Gilman – Team Adam – My Way
4. Billy Gilman – Team Adam – Because of Me (Original)
6. Josh Gallagher – Team Adam – Pick Any Small Town (Original)
7. Sundance Head & Blake Shelton – Treat Her Right
9. Wé McDonald – Team Alicia – Wishes (Original)
11. Josh Gallagher – Team Adam – Jack & Diane
12. Wé McDonald – Team Alicia – Don’t Rain on My Parade
14. Wé McDonald & Alicia Keys – Ave Maria
19. Billy Gilman & Adam Levine – Bye Bye Love
29. Josh Gallagher & Adam Levine – Smooth
Favorite Final 4 Performance
Darlin Don’t Go and My Way dominate the poll, accounting for nearly half the votes. Billy and Sundance dominate overall.
- Sundance Head – Team Blake – Darlin’ Don’t Go (Winners) 27.37%
- Billy Gilman – Team Adam – My Way 22.79%
- We McDonald – Team Alicia – Don’t Rain on My Parade 15.97%
- Billy Gilman – Team Adam – Because of Me (Winners) 11.18%
- Sundance Head – Team Blake – At Last 10.54%
- Josh Gallagher – Team Adam – Pick Any Small Town (Winners) 5.54%
- We McDonald – Team Alicia – Wishes (Winners) 4.69%
- Josh Gallagher – Team Adam – Jack & Diane 1.92%
Favorite Final 4 Coach Duet
Sundance and Blake Shelton earned HALF the votes in the coaches duets poll. I can’t say I disagree.
- Sundance Head & Blake Shelton – Treat Her Right 51.1%
- Billy Gilman & Adam Levine – Bye Bye Love 23.54%
- We McDonald and Alicia Keys – Ave Maria 16.95%
- Josh Gallagher & Adam Levine – Smooth 8.41%
Who WILL WIN
Over half of you believe Sundance Head will win The Voice.
- Sundance Head – Team Blake 53.19%
- Billy Gilman – Team Adam 30.05%
- We McDonald – Team Alicia 10.7%
- Josh Gallagher – Team Adam 6.05%
Who SHOULD WIN
It’s a tighter race for who SHOULD win, with Sundance still coming out on top.
- Sundance Head – Team Blake 40.11%
- Billy Gilman – Team Adam 32.79%
- We McDonald – Team Alicia 21.09%
- Josh Gallagher – Team Adam 6.01%
Grade the Episode
Last night’s final earned an excellent B+ rating.
- B 42.05%
- A 40.95%
- C 11.88%
- D 2.93%
- F 2.19%
Prediction: I’m just gonna play it safe and go with the crowd. Sundance Head will win The Voice after three very strong performances last night. Billy Gilman will come in second. Wé McDonald will come in third…or maybe not! Josh Gallagher has come on strong in the past couple of weeks. I’ll say he comes in 4th, but won’t be surprised if he slips past We to take third. Again, if Billy takes the crown, I wouldn’t be shocked. I really think it’s going to be a squeaker.