*Watch This Space For Updates*
*I just re-loaded a bunch of videos from last night. I’ve got one more to go. Check the the videos and my recap from last night’s performance show HERE.
Asuka is elimiminated
Jonathan is eliminated
Karla and Vitolio are new partners.
- Group Song, choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin and Napoleon and Tabitha – VIDEO
- Nigel Lythgoe pays tribute to Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson – VIDEO
- Five couples learn their fate – VIDEO
- Three couples learn their fate – VIDEO
- The Rage Boyz Crew –VIDEO
- Asuka, Vitolio, Karla and Jonathan Dance for their Lives – VIDEO
- Caitlin and Jason Dance for their Lives – VIDEO
- The Veronicas perform “Take Me On The Floor” – VIDEO
- Asuka and Jonathan are eliminated – VIDEO
- “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull (Group Song) – iTunes
- “Feel It” by Colby O’Donis & Mauli-8 (Rage Boyz Crew)
- “Don’t Trust Me” by 30H!3 (Asuka) – iTunes
- “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay (Vitolio) – iTunes
- “15 Step” by Radiohead (Karla) – iTunes
- “The Hunted” by Kodo (Jonathan) – iTunes
- “Que Sera Sera” by Jennifer Terrain (Caitlin) – iTunes
- “New American Classic” by Taking Back Sunday (Jason) – iTunes
- “Take Me On the Floor” by the Veronicas – iTunes
- …Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson (Girls Goodbye) – iTunes
- …On Your Own by Green River Ordinance (Guys Goodbye) – iTunes
MONDAY: American Idol Top 13 Episode featuring the music of Michael Jackson will be rebroadcast!
And I got all my pool points this week! Yay me! The right people went home this week. Asuka was easily the weakest female dancer. Her solo tonight was nothing special, and at this point, they can afford to lose a ballroom dancer. They’ve already got the spectacular Jeanette.
Jonathan lacks personality, and the male contemporary dancers that are left are better, more versatile dancers. He was on borrowed time, at this point.
Kudos to Nigel for the lovely tribute to Ed MacMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. He hit all the right notes.
Live blog after the JUMP…
Group Number: “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) by Pitbull – Choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin and Tabitha and Napoleon
Nigel begins the show with a tribute to Ed McMahon and Star Search, Farrah Fawcett (he met her this Christmas though Alana Stewart. She taught him how to bake a pecan pie). And Michael Jackson “I don’t even know where you begin to describe a global superstar…changed the face of music and dance in the world.” Mentioned that the “Black and White” video was an inspiration for the show. This is a life to celebrate…inspirational for anyone who wants to perform…anyone who wants to dance. Big props to the Thriller video. It takes us into break…
After the break, the first 5 couples are center stage. Asuka and Vitolio are first…and they are in the Bottom 3 and will be dancing for their lives. Jeanette and Brandon are next…and they are safe. Now it’s Randy and Evan…and they are SAFE. The butt made the cut. Heh. Jeanine and Phillip are next…and they are SAFE. Melissa and Ade are…SAFE
Back from the break. The remaining 3 couples are center stage. Karla and Jonathan are first…and they are in the Bottom 3. Next, it’s Caitlin and Jason..who are in the Bottom 3 and Kayla and Kapona…who are SAFE.
Nigel and Toni (Toni named names after Nigel prodded) aren’t surprised that Karla and Jonathan are in the Bottom 3. Mary stays positive–she’s looking forward to seeing them dance.
Tiffany Burton choreography featuring a group of young hip-hoppers called the Rage Boyz Crew. Cat thinks they are cute as a basket full of puppies.
Back from break: Asuka dances for her life. Next it’s Vitolio, then it’s Karla and Jonathan.
Caitlin is next, and then Jason.
While the judges deliberate backstage, The Veronicas take the stage to sing “Take Me On the Floor” (brought to you by Hot Topic!)
Nigel says the decision was unanimous with the girls. Caitlin step forward…growing in confidence…best solo….go sit down see you next week. Karla you were a little desparate tonight…falling off your pirouettes…it wasn’t a good solo. Asuka you are an exciting performer… beautiful, we do feel you are not growing in the competition, it is you who are leaving in the competition.
2-1 split on the guys, not unanimous. Vitolio…don’t deliver…you cannot hold back…you have to deliver. Jonathan…last night was not good…I don’t believe you’ve brought the dancing required. Jason…your solo was full of desperation…that was not strong enough to get you through…if you had been against better boys (fake out!) Nigel says the remaining two aren’t strong, but they decided to keep Vitolio. Jason is eliminated.
Asuka is elimiminated
Jonathan is eliminated
- Jeanette and Brandon
- Randy and Evan
- Jeanine and Phillip
- Melissa and Ade
- Kayla and Kapona
- Asuka and Vitolio
- Karla and Jonathan
- Caitlin and Jason