Lauren Alaina has lived a lot of life in the past few years, and with her new album, Sitting Pretty On Top Of The World, she is gets real honest about her ups and down. The heartbreaks, losses and life experiences have shaped who she is now.
“Honestly, I feel like the collection of songs really showcases my growth in the last few years of my life. And I share a lot of really personal stories on this album, really big moments in my life that kind of changed and shaped who I am, and this album for me is about me being a woman,” says Lauren.
“My music in the past has been about me becoming a woman, and this album is about me loving myself despite some boy not loving me or grieving the loss of my stepfather and achieving my dreams and riding that out. And I’m just I’m excited for the fans to hear my take on the things that have happened in my life because I’ve lived a pretty public life for the last ten years, and I think it’s about time that I tell what happened and I tell my story and Sitting Pretty On Top of the World is the way that I get to do that.”
Lauren co-wrote 14 of the 15 tracks
The collection features 15 tracks, and is out now. Alongside award-winning songwriters, Lauren co-wrote 14 of the 15 songs on Sitting Pretty On Top of the World, including her latest single, “Getting Over Him” featuring Jon Pardi.
“It’s about a dreamer becoming an achiever,” Lauren says about the album, “It’s being broken and ending up healed. It’s all of me. The early chapters. The new beginnings. The hope for the future and total appreciation for the past. Taking the Road Less Traveled and ending up Sitting Pretty on Top of the World.”
In addition to the 12 new songs included on Sitting Pretty on Top of the World, Laruen included the two duets she recorded for her Getting Over Him EP– “What Do You Think Of?” featuring pop singer Lukas Graham and “Getting Over Him” featuring Jon Pardi. Additionally, the Georgia native also reached out to her friend/mentor Trisha Yearwood to remix the just recently GOLD certified “Getting Good” from her Getting Good EP to include as a duet on this new album.
Lauren Alaina – Sitting Pretty on Top of the World
Sitting Pretty On Top of the World Track Listing:
- It Was Me – Lauren Alaina, Hillary Lindsey
- If The World Was A Small Town – Lauren Alaina, David Garcia, Josh Miller
- Getting Good (featuring Trisha Yearwood) – Emily Weisband
- Same Story, Different Saturday Night – Lauren Alaina, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose
- On Top Of The World – Lauren Alaina, Jordan Reynolds, Sasha Sloan
- Run – Lauren Alaina, Ben Johnson, Kennedi Lykken
- What Do You Think Of? (w Lukas Graham) – Lauren Alaina, Jens Carlsson, Asia Whiteacre
- I’m Not Sad Anymore – Lauren Alaina, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose
- Getting Over Him (w Jon Pardi) – Lauren Alaina, Paul DiGiovanni, Emily Weisband
- Good Ole Boy – Lauren Alaina, David Garcia, Josh Miller
- When The Party’s Over – Lauren Alaina, David Garcia Corey Crowder
- You Ain’t A Cowboy – Lauren Alaina, Casey Brown, Parker Welling
- Goodbye Street – Lauren Alaina, Jacob Durrett, Ernest K. Smith
- Written In The Bar – Lauren Alaina, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose
- Change My Mind – Lauren Alaina, Cameron Bedell, Seth Ennis
Sitting Pretty On Top of the World was produced by Paul DiGiovanni, with exception of her song “Getting Good” which was produced by David Garcia.
Lauren partners with Opry Entertainment and her friend Blake Shelton’s Ole Red in downtown Nashville for a Sitting Pretty On Top of the World album release Livestream celebration on Tuesday, September 7TH at 8:30 PM Central. The show is free and open to the public. It will also be livestreamed at both Lauren’s Facebook (@LaurenAlaina) and Ole Red’s Facebook (@OleRedNashville).
In addition to her new album, Lauren is also starring in a Hallmark Channel movie Roadhouse Romance premiering on September 11. On November 23, Lauren releases her inspirational book, Getting Good At Being You. The book is available for presale now wherever books are sold.