Oh, those pesky overseas retailers. Just kidding, we love them, especially when they give us goodies like the tracklist of superstar and original Idol Kelly Clarkson’s upcoming album, Piece By Piece, which is due out March 3 in the US (and earlier in other territories)! Check out the tracklist with songwriting credits where known, a demo, plus a very interesting description of an album track from its songwriter. Also! The site confirms that Kelly’s mystery duet is in fact with John Legend!
- “Heartbeat Song” (Mitch Allan/Kara DioGuardi/Jason Evigan/Audra Mae)
- “Invincible” (Warren Felder/Sia Furler/Steve Mostyn/Jesse Shatkin)
- “Take You High” (Maureen McDonald/Jesse Shatkin)
- “Piece By Piece”
- “Run Run Run” (word via comments/Twitter is that this is the duet with John Legend)
- “I Had A Dream”
- “Let Your Tears Fall”
- “War Paint” (Joleen Belle/Nolan Lambroza/Julia Michaels) (info via ASCAP/@heartly)
- “Dance With Me” (Dan Rockett) – this is what Rockett said about the song: “I wanted to give it a go so I wrote a song called ‘Dance With Me,’ which I imagined as a David Bowie/Lady Gaga duet (laughs). It was an exercise in songwriting and I didn’t expect it to do anything, but one night at the studio Polow da Don came out at 4 AM to use the bathroom and I said, ‘Bro, I wrote a dance song.’ He gave it a listen and said, ‘You wrote a classic people will sing in 50 years.'” (source).
- “Good Goes The Bye” (Natalie Hemby/Shane McAnally/Jimmy Robbins)
- “Bad Reputation”
- “In The Blue”
- “Second Wind” (Chris DeStefano/Shane McAnally/Maren Morris)
via Amazon France
9 of these track titles were already confirmed by Kelly herself, and she teased lyrical snippets from each of those songs that you can check out here.
What do you think of “Good Goes The Bye,” which is written by 3 of Nashville’s buzziest songwriters, Natalie Hemby, Shane McAnally and Jimmy Robbins? According to this tweet from Kelly, we can expect at least 1 more Shane McAnally cowrite on the album. And how are you imagining a song originally envisioned as a “David Bowie/Lady Gaga duet”? Should be fun coming from Kelly, don’t you think?