Headlines: Kelly Clarkson First Week Huge Ratings, Nick Cannon 2020 Talk Show

‘Kelly Clarkson’ Scores Highest Rated Premiere Week In 7 Years – The big series premiere for NBCUniversal’s Kelly Clarkson was not a fluke. The Week One averages for new and returning syndicated programs are in, and the new talker hosted by The Voice coach logged a 1.6 Live+Same Day national household rating for the week ending on Sept. 15, scoring the biggest debut week of any first-run strip since Disney’s Katie 2012. The strong ratings catapulted Kelly Clarkson to the talk show elite, ranking fourth among 14 new and returning syndicated talk shows, behind only long-running juggernauts The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Live with Kelly & Ryan and Dr Phil. – Read more at Deadline

Nick Cannon To Host & Produce Syndicated Daytime Talk Show For Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury In 2020 – Nick Cannon is shifting from primetime to daytime as host of a new, nationally syndicated daytime talk show in 2020 in a deal with Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury. Additionally, Cannon will co-produce via his production company, Ncredible Entertainment. “We are excited to be able to announce this collaboration with Nick, who has proven himself to be such a dominant creative and entrepreneurial force across film, primetime TV, music, comedy, stage and online platforms,” said ebmar-Mercury Co-Presidents Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein. “The daytime audience got to see that firsthand earlier this year with his stellar performance guest hosting The Wendy Williams Show. Now we can’t wait to see Nick put his own unique stamp on talk and add daytime to his impressive list of accomplishments.” – Read more at Deadline

Girl Power – The Voice 2019

Louis Tomlinson opens up about the deaths of his mom and sister: ‘I’ve been to rock bottom’ – Louis Tomlinson has dealt with unimaginable loss over the past three years, but in a new interview with U.K.’s The Guardian, he says he’s been able to find strength through the dark times. In 2016, his mom, Johannah Deakin, passed away from leukemia at age 43. And just last year, his 18-year-old sister Felicite died of an accidental drug overdose. “That whole dark side I’ve gone through, it sounds stupid to say, but it gives me strength everywhere else in my life, because that’s the darkest s— that I’m going to have to deal with,” he shared. – Read more at GMA

Former American Idol Co-Host Brian Dunkleman Opens Up About Everything – I was told that flat-out by three of my old bosses. One of them was Simon Fuller. He said, “We realize it wasn’t fair to you, and we kind of threw you to the wolves. We realized you didn’t have any hosting experience, but we thought you were really funny.” He was genuine, and I really appreciated it. I was told by one of my old bosses that it came down to whether to keep both of us or go with one host. They decided to go with one, and obviously I wasn’t the one. They told me that I quit before they could deliver the news. I didn’t know that. Did I have my suspicions? Did I see the writing on the wall? Of course I did. I’m not stupid. But still, to tell you that I gained closure is an understatement. All those years where I’m walking around as the biggest mistake in the history of show business, it turns out that’s not what happened. – Read more at GQ.com

Charlie Sheen Was Initially Cast on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 28: Why He Walked Away – No Charleston for Charlie Sheen Opens a New Window. . The actor, 54, was set to compete on season 28 of Dancing With the Stars Opens a New Window. — and even planned to rehearse with pro Cheryl Burke Opens a New Window. — but walked away ahead of the premiere, Us Weekly exclusively reveals in the new issue, on newsstands now. – “I was very flattered by ABC and their offer, but at the end of the day, I have two left feet and I just can’t dance,” Sheen confirms to Us. That said, his casting was part of a bigger deal at ABC. “When there is a big star like that, they will get some sort of deal for a pilot with ABC,” the source tells Us of the former Two and a Half Men star. Sheen’s publicist, Jeff Ballard, also confirmed the news to Us, noting that while “ABC made a very generous offer” for a pilot series, “it was contingent upon his participation on Dancing With the Stars.” – Read more at US Magazine

About mj santilli 29665 Articles
Founder and editor of mjsbigblog.com, home of the awesomest fan community on the net. I love cheesy singing shows of all kinds, whether reality or scripted. I adore American Idol, but also love The Voice, Glee, X Factor and more!