Today’s Idol Appearances
- Paula Abdul appears on Live with Regis and Kelly (Her new TV show, Live to Dance premieres on CBS at 8 pm tonight)
- Brooke White performs on Good Day LA on FOX. She’s promoting her new movie, Change of Plans
- Blake Lewis interview with WCWP FM C.W. Post campus of Long Island University in NY. Tune in 4 pm at http://www.mywcwp.org
- Taylor Hicks takes off with the Jam Cruise 9 on the MSC Poseia leaving from Fort Lauderdale. Through January 9.
- Tim Urban performs at the Blaine Performing Arts Center to benefit the Blaine High School Band, Blaine WA.
- Jordin Sparks will be at the Tempe Marketplace for or an X the TXT event. More info HERE
Crystal Bowersox’s interview with WBUR radio’s Hear and Now airs today on public radio stations across the country. You can listen to the interview now at the H&N website HERE.
Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Seacrest and Steven Tyler will promote the new season of American Idol on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Mon. Jan 10.
The Lee DeWyze single, “Sweet Serendipity” has a January 25 Top 40 radio add date. It’s already been released to Hot AC. Kim Caldwell’s “Desperate Girls and Stupid Boys” will also be released on that date.
Kim Caldwell tweets, “Make sure to keep Jan 31st open for my show in LA at Hotel Cafe! Who can make it?!”
More Headlines after the JUMP…
Carrie Underwood is pop-country muse for energized Republicans
Tucked away in a New York Times story about freshman House Republicans’ agenda for the next two years is the revelation that country star Carrie Underwood’s song “Undo It” has become an anthem for those who want to roll back the health care law and other Democratic initiatives.
“Many seem to have latched on to ‘Undo It, ‘ the hit by the country singer Carrie Underwood, as the refrain for their planned attack against legislation that grew out of the 111th Congress, when the Democrats were at the helm in both chambers, ” the Times says.
Read more at Yahoo
See photos of Bo Bice performing at the Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba on New Year’s Eve via FOX Houston.
Paula Abdul talks Idol on Late Show With David Letterman