This week’s Dancing with the Stars theme is….Famous Dances. The pairs will recreate iconic dance routines from the movies and music videos. For instance, Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough will recreate the iconic “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” routine from Dirty Dancing. According to Derek, DWTS alum, Jennifer Grey, will be helping the pair get ready to Rumba! In case you’ve been hiding under a rock: Jennifer starred in the beloved 80’s hit and knows a thing or two about lifts!
Also Alex Pena-Vega tweeted a photo with a snake, apparently preparing a very faithful recreation of the “Slave 4 U” music video by Britney Spears.
Oh. My. Gosh. pic.twitter.com/wOQ0P5qctG
— Alexa PenaVega (@alexavega) October 14, 2015
Check out the list of songs below. I’ll be adding the dance styles as they are revealed, mostly from Pure DWTS.
It will be a night of iconic dance routines on “Famous Dances Night” on Dancing with the Stars – Monday October 19 – Olivia Newton-John to Guest Judge
The remaining nine celebrities return to their original professional dance partners to tackle “Famous Dances Night” on MONDAY, OCTOBER 19 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Special guest Olivia Newton-John will join Julianne Hough, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli at the judges’ desk to see how the couples re-create iconic dance routines from movies and music videos. One couple will be eliminated at the end of the night based on the lowest combined judges’ scores and viewer’s votes from the “Switch Up” and “Most Memorable Year” performances.
Couples Will Re-create the Below Dances from Movies and Music Videos:
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – “Jailhouse Rock”from Jailhouse Rock – Jive
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – “I’m A Slave 4 U” by Britney Spears – Cha Cha
- Andy Grammer & Allison Holker – “Good Morning” from Singing In The Rain
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” from Dirty Dancing – Rumba
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – “Pony” from Magic Mike – Rumba
- Hayes Grier & Emma Slater – “You’re The One That I Want” from Grease
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – “You Should Be Dancing” from Saturday Night Fever
- Paula Deen & Louis van Amstel – “Vogue” by Madonna
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – “Rhythm Nation” by Janet Jackson
Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy®-nominated choreographer Julianne Hough.