The 10 remaining Dancing with the Stars celebrities will celebrate their “Most Memorable Year” with a song of their choice this Monday, October 5 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC. That means, the singers have an opportunity to perform to their own songs. It’s safe to say Alek is in the midst of his most memorable year, but who knows–he may choose another!
Each dance will encompass a memorable time, or truly incredible experience in their life. Viewers can expect to see Nick Carter dancing to a Backstreet Boys hit song, Gary Busey paying homage to Buddy Holly, and Bindi Irwin commemorating her father, to name a few. At the end of evening, one couple will be eliminated from the ballroom competition.
Check out the song choices, and dance styles (via PureDWTS)
The remaining couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold – “Wake Me Up” by Avicii f. Aloe Blacc – Paso Doble
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas – “Mama Said” by The Shirelles – Foxtrot
- Andy Grammer & Allison Holker – “Good to be Alive” by Andy Grammer – ?
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough – “Every Breath You Take” by Aaron Krause f. Liza Anne – Contemporary
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson – “Amazing Grace” by Ray Chew Live – Viennese Waltz
- Gary Busey & Anna Trebunskaya – “That’ll Be the Day” by Buddy Holly – ?
- Hayes Grier & Emma Slater – “Stitches” by Shawn Mendes – Contemporary
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess – “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by Backstreet Boys – ?
- Paula Deen & Louis van Amstel – “Respect” by Aretha Franklin – Cha Cha Cha
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – “King” by Tamar Braxton– Rumba
Twitter voting for the “Switch Up” continues, and the public can continue to vote throughout Monday’s program. To vote, viewers must Tweet using #DWTS followed by the first name of the celebrity and the first name of the professional dancer. For example, to pair up celebrity Tamar Braxton and professional dancer Mark Ballas, use the Tweet “#DWTSTAMARMARK.” In addition, www.ABC.com will have a page dedicated to assisting viewers in casting their votes. There is no limit on the number of votes one person can cast. Voting for the “Switch Up” remains open until Monday, October 5 at 11:59 p.m., ET.
Hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts including dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and ballroom dancer and Emmy®-nominated choreographer Julianne Hough.