OMG! Gag me with a spoon with ’80s night as 12 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete another week for the coveted mirrorball trophy on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, Monday OCT. 12 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
The show will start with a cold open with Tyra walking into the ballroom to Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know.”
Live votes (via?abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell, “Maniac” by Michael Sembello, “Open Arms” by Journey and “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Taylor.
The couples (with their dance choices and songs) are as follows:
- Monica Aldama? and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Tango to “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell
- Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Tango to “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany
- Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Tango to “Livin’ On a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- Skai Jackson?and pro Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to “The Power of Love” by Huey Lewis & The News
- Justina Machado and pro Sasha Farber dancing Jazz to “Maniac” by Michael Sembello
- AJ McLean?and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Waltz to “Open Arms” by Journey
- Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing Jazz to “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
- Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Tango to “Everybody Wants to Rule The World” by Tears for Fears
- Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Samba to “Rhythm of the Night” by DeBarge
- Nev Schulman and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Quickstep to “Take on Me” by a-ha
- Chrishell Stause and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Cha Cha to “You Got it (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block
- Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing Contemporary to “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Tyler
Hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks, the series returns to the ballroom with a lineup of celebrities. Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli are joined by Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough at the judges desk. Meanwhile, unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, Len Goodman will still be a part of the show in a different capacity and sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.