Dancing with the Stars is back and better than ever with a new cast of 15 celebrities who are ready to add some glitzy bling to their wardrobe and break in their dancing shoes. The competition begins with a two-hour season premiere, live, MONDAY, SEPT. 14 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Also, supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks joins the show as new host.
Throughout the first evening, the celebrity and pro duos will perform the time-honored dances that include the Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Salsa or Tango.
For the show’s first broadcast of the season, there will not be a viewing audience vote, and only the judges will score the routines. Those scores will carry over and be combined with judges’ scores from week two, which also marks the first weekly live viewing audience vote of the season (via abc.com and SMS/text) – and the first elimination. The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window).
Moving forward with each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast.
NOTE: ABC will not announce the celebrity pro pairings officially until the premiere. However, we do have SPOILERS CHECK IT OUT.
Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:
- Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) dancing Foxtrot to “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- Animal activist Carole Baskin (“Tiger King”) dancing Paso to “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) dancing Cha Cha to “Stupid Love” by Lady Gaga
- Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis dancing Foxtrot to “All of Me” by John Legend
- TV and film actress Anne Heche dancing Cha Cha to “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa
- Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson dancing Tango to “Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj
- actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) dancing Cha Cha to “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean dancing Jive to “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
- Host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai dancing Salsa to “Tell It to My Heart” by Taylor Dayne
- TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe dancing Quickstep to “Part Time Love” by Stevie Wonder
- GRAMMY-winning rapper Nelly dancing Salsa to “Ride Wit Me” by Nelly
- TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) dancing Foxtrot to “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
- NBA superstar Charles Oakley (“The Last Dance”) dancing Salsa to “In Da Club” by 50 Cent
- Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) dancing Tango to “Raise Your Glass” by P!nk
- Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir dancing Cha Cha to “Buttons” by The Pussycat Dolls
Professional dancers include the following:
- Brandon Armstrong
- Alan Bersten
- Sharna Burgess
- Cheryl Burke
- Artem Chigvintsev
- Val Chmerkovskiy
- Sasha Farber
- Jenna Johnson
- Daniella Karagach
- Keo Motsepe
- Peta Murgatroyd
- Pasha Pashkov
- Gleb Savchenko
- Emma Slater
- Britt Stewart
Emmy Award winner and six-time Mirrorball champion Derek Hough will join Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli at the judges desk. Meanwhile, because of COVID-19 travel restrictions, Len Goodman will be unable to judge this season live in the ballroom, though he will still be a part of the show in a different capacity sharing his ballroom expertise from the UK.