After a memorable “Disney Night” where there was no elimination, nine celebrity and pro-dancer couples return to the ballroom and compete on the sixth week of the 2019 season of Dancing with the Stars, live, Monday, Oct. 21 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
The show will open with the couples entering the ballroom to “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang. In addition, the cast of Dancing with the Stars – Live Tour 2020 will perform a dance choreographed by Mandy Moore. The nationwide tour kicks off Jan. 9 in Richmond, Virginia. To purchase tickets and get the full list of tour dates, please visit dwtstour.com.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including Carrie Underwood’s “Southbound,” Wham!’s “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go,” Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing,” Queen’s “Somebody to Love,” Stevie Wonder’s “Part-Time Lover,” Lewis Capaldi’s “Someone You Loved,” among others.
This week, the live vote (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) of weeks five and six will be combined with the judges’ scores of both weeks and tabulated in real time, with the bottom two revealed during the broadcast. The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). The judges panel will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
The couples are (with their dance choice) the following:
- Country artist and American Idol alum Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko (Contemporary)
- Model and photographer Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Val Chmerkovskiy (Jazz)
- Pop star and X Factor USA alum Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Quickstep)
- The Bachelorette Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Samba)
- The Office actress Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov (Viennese Waltz)
- TV host and Queer Eye star Karamo and Jenna Johnson (Rumba)
- Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson (Quickstep)
- Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold (Viennese Waltz)
- TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Samba)
Hosted by Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, and dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.