Five celebrity and pro-dancer couples return to the ballroom to compete on the 10th week of the 2019 season of Dancing with the Stars, live, Monday, Nov. 18 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. (TV-PG, L) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com.
For this week, there will be two rounds of competitive dance performances and the stakes are high to get into the finals. In the first round, celebrities will repeat a style of dance they struggled with earlier in the season with a new song. The judges will mentor each of the couples. The second round will be the last time the couples will perform to a style of dance they haven’t performed before.
Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of songs including Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger,” The Temptations’ “Get Ready,” Tim McGraw’s “Humble and Kind,” Hozier’s “Take Me To Church,” Vanessa Williams’ “Save the Best for Last,” Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” and Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You,” among others.
This week, the live vote (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will be combined with the judges’ scores and tabulated in real time, with the bottom two revealed during the broadcast. The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EST/CST time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). At the end of the night, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
The couples (with their dance styles) are the following:
- American Idol alum and country artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko
- (Len Goodman mentors their Paso to “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson) (Viennese Waltz to “Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw)
- The X Factor USA and pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Len Goodman mentors their Paso to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran) (Charleston to “Sing Sing Sing” by Ray Chew Live)
- “The Bachelorette” Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Carrie Ann Inaba mentors their Rumba to “Dancing with a Stranger” by Sam Smith ft Normani) (Contemporary to Selena Gomez’s “Lose You to Love Me”)
- Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson Bruno Tonioli mentors their Tango to “Get Ready” by Temptations) (Contemporary to “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston)
- TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Len Goodman mentors their Cha Cha to “Canned Heart” by Jamiroquai) (Foxtrot to “Take Me to Church” by Hozier)
Hosted by Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, and dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.