On last night’s The Voice, coach Blake Shelton revealed the cover of his upcoming album titled, If I’m Honest, set to be released on May 20. The country singer told host Carson Daly that he’s really excited about the upcoming record and that it’s his best work yet. “I think it’s the best I can do,” he told Carson excitedly, “I literally think it’s the best I can do!” Blake will be kicking off a tour this fall with a couple of dates in Oklahoma City.
Deb B has put together a track list with songwriting credits over on her Tumblr. Earlier today, former The Voice coach and Blake gal pal, Gwen Stefani confirmed on Twitter a duet with Blake titled “Go Ahead and Break My Heart” appears on the album.
The songwriting credits are partial at this point. Updates will be added.
If I’m Honest Track List with Credits
- “Straight Outta Cold Beer” (Marv Green / Ben Hayslip / Justin Wilson)
- “She’s Got A Way With Words” (Andy Albert / Marc Beeson / Wyatt Earp)
- “Bet You Still Think Of Me”
- “Every Time I Hear That Song” (Chris Lindsey / Aimee Mayo / Brad Warren / Brett Warren)
- “Came Here To Forget” (Deric Ruttan / Craig Wiseman) – Lead Single – stream the video here.
- “Every Goodbye” (busbee / Ryan Hurd / Liz Rose)
- “It Ain’t Easy” (Rhett Akins / Matt Dragstrem / Ben Hayslip)
- “A Guy With A Girl” (Ashley Gorley / Bryan Simpson)
- “Go Ahead & Break My Heart” (Duet with Gwen Stefani) (Blake Shelton / Gwen Stefani; it’s unknown if there are additional songwriters involved with the song)
- “Friends” (Jessi Alexander / Blake Shelton) – stream the video here.
- “One Night Girl” (Dallas Davidson / Ashley Gorley)
- “Doin’ It To Country Songs” (Marty Dodson / Jacob Lyda / Paul Overstreet) – featuring the Oak Ridge Boys
- “Green” – Blake released a song (cowritten by George Teren / Craig Wiseman) with this title on his 2008 album, Startin’ Fires. Check out that song here.
- “You Can’t Make This Up” (Rodney Clawson / Zach Crowell / Ashley Gorley)
- “Savior’s Shadow” (Jessi Alexander / Jon Randall / Blake Shelton) – stream here. In an interview with Taste of Country Jessi Alexander says of the song: “He started an incredible song, a gospel song, and asked me and JR to help him finish and we actually worked on the strings today. It’s beautiful and moving and I can’t wait for him to tell the story. It’s almost his ‘Why Me Lord’ — it’s very deep to him and to us.”“It came deep from Blake’s soul and we were just glad we got to kind of help him birth it.”