Here it is, the very first Idol Billboard Update for 2008. Yippee!
- According to Billboard, only 3 artists in the Top 50 posted fewer sales this week. One of them was Blake Lewis’s “Audio Day Dream” which sold 55k, -4% from last week. His total so far is 211K. Carrie Undewood’s “Carnival Ride” increased 57%, selling 216K for a total of 1.63M. And, Daughtry’s sales jumped a whopping 80% this week. “Daughtry” sold 107K for a total of 3.58M.
- Jordin Spark’s “Tattoo” hangs in on the Billboard Hot 100 at #8, while her new single, “No Air” w/ Chris Brown, climbs from #14 to #4 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart.
- Carrie Underwood’s new single “All-American Girl” enters the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles Chart at #19. It climbs from #28 to #22 on the Hot Country Songs chart. Her Christmas song, “Do You Hear What I Hear” enters the Hot 100 at #90.
- Mandisa has the #1 and #2 and #2 and #3 songs on the Hot Christian Adult Contemporary Tracks and Hot Christian Songs Chart respectively. The songs are “Christmas Day” w/ Michael W. Smith and “Christmas Makes Me Cry” w/ Matthew West.
- Kimberley Locke’s “Band of Gold” sits at #3 on the Hot Dance Club Play chart.