Here’s my power list this week. Lee moves up, Siobhan moves down. Crystal is still #1. What’s YOUR power list?
1. Crystal Bowersox – Crystal keeps impressing the judges and turning in stellar performances. Her performance last week, of “Midnight Train to Georgia” wasn’t her best, but she proved she could step out of her box, and that’s very important on Idol
2. Lee Dewyze – Lee’s breakthrough performance of “Treat Her Like a Lady” has established his place as the dark horse to watch. Plus, Simon loves him.
3. Michael Lynche – Big Mike also stepped out of his box last week, singing a tender ballad, “Ready For Love”. The judges were suitably impressed, while hearts melted all over America.
4. Siobhan Magnus – Siobhan had a major misstep last week, singing “Through the Fire”, a song that proved to be way too big for her. She drops down to 4 and no further, because IF she sings well this week, she could have a comeback. Plus, she seems to have a devoted fan base ready to vote for her no matter what.
5. Casey James – Casey turns in one solid performance after another. What’s keeping him mid-pack is his predictability. Casey needs a breakthrough performance right about now.
6. Aaron Kelly – Aaron loses points this week for his flat performance of “Ain’t No Sunshine” last week. The other judges liked it, but Simon compared the performance to a “cupcake”. Plus, it just didn’t sound good.
7. Andrew Garcia – Andrew got much better remarks from the judges last week for his performance of “Forever”, but he’s still not matching the high expectations Idol watchers had after his Hollywood performance of “Straight Up”.
8. Tim Urban – I’m not putting the dude dead last, because he seems to have 9 lives at this point. And the whole Vote For the Worst lets screw the judges deal seems to be picking up steam. Plus, it appears that Tim actually has some fans. I won’t be surprised if he squeaks by again this week.
9. Katie Stevens – Despite improving last week, Simon is still calling Katie “robotic and cold” and swearing she should be singing country. I don’t think she’s catching on with audiences–she’s appeared in the bottom 3 a couple of times already. I won’t be surprised if she’s eliminated this week.
UPDATE: After the JUMP, From FOX 13, the Top 9 on singing Lennon/McCartney. “You don’t want to suck on stage singing a Beatles’ song, ” says Tim Urban. Heh. Andrew Garcia had to do a lot of research to figure out which song to sing. Crystal Bowersox calls Lennon/McCartney “Heroes”. The vid was filmed over the weekend, during the Top 10 tour photo shoot.