Here’s Nigel’s weekly post-performance show interview with TVweek.com:
- Taylor should have picked a bluesier song, like Ray Charles “It’s Crying Time Again”.
- Mandisa was better this week than last week. He loves Shania Twain.
- Liked Elliott’s song choice and his performance.
- Paris picked the wrong song–it wasn’t fun enough.
- Ace did very well
- Kellie and Katharine lifted the tempo. Katharine “smoldered”
- Something was “lost” in Chris’s eyes last night. He wasn’t sure Chris believed what he was singing.
- Bucky–couldn’t understand a lot of the words. “He sang in American”.
- Paula was booed for the first time ever.
- Every year there is drama around eliminations. Tomorrow everyone will be talking about what happened the night before.
Nigel made a lame attempt to drum up some drama for tonight, but his effort was half-hearted in this interview. No reports of tummy aches or sleepless nights here.