This first, Jedward-less x Factor, featuring the Top 5 singing 2 tunes each from Take That and Elton John, just wasn’t the same. So sad to be deprived of a Jedward double-wammy! Sigh.
I don’t think there was one really “wow” performance tonight. Joe McElderry’s “Sorry Seems The Hardest Part” was the best vocal of the night. The worst? Lloyd Daniels, once again, proved that he’s utterly out of his depth here.
Check out the live feed HERE.
Videos and Recap after the JUMP…
- Danyl Johnson – “Relight My Fire” – Take That – Danyl danced for the first time on the X Factor stage, and that was pretty good. He should’ve gone upbeat more. LOL at Louis pulling a Paula, telling him he won round 1 before anybody else performed. – VIDEO
- Lloyd Daniels – “A Million Love Songs” – Take That – Typically underpitch, and amature–Lloyd needs to go home NOW. Ugh. – VIDEO
- Olly Murs – “Love Ain’t Here Anymore” – Take That – When Olly isn’t hopping around, he’s uninteresting. Ballads reveal the weaknesses in his vocal. Just NO to the long glory note at the end. – VIDEO
- Joe McElderry – “Could it Be Magic” – Take That – Turning a moldy Barry Manilow ballad into a disco song? I’m not feeling the song choice. Joe’s mewly vocals aren’t showcased here. Joe’s performances lack energy – VIDEO
- Stacey Soloman – “Rule the World” – Take That – A pretty good song choice, but pitchy, pitchy pitchy! Yow. VIDEO
- Lloyd Daniels – “I’m Still Standing” – Elton John – OMG. Completely out of his depth. Really embarrassing to watch–the lackluster dancing, the poor vocals–seriously somebody SEND this kid HOME! – VIDEO
- Danyl Johnson – “Your Song” – Elton John – The first half of this song was one HOT MESS. The verses were chopped up, Danyl was pitchy and mis-sang the lyrics–the song improved the closer he got to the money note. But overall, I wasn’t impressed. The choir was an unnecessary touch. VIDEO
- Olly Murs – “Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting” – Elton John – The literal hand gestures and the boxing theme were too cheesy. But, his vocals were good, and his confidence up. – VIDEO
- Joe McElderry – “Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word” – Elton John – A very good vocal from Joe, but I still think he lacks the “wow” factor. – VIDEO
- Stacey Soloman – “Something About the Way You Look Tonight” – Elton John – Still shaky and pitchy. There’s not much charisma coming off this girl. – VIDEO