After a long hiatus, World of Dance is returning to the NBC schedule, with a new cast of contestants and a few new twists.
Entertainment Weekly confirms the 34 new acts for the season.
The world class dancers vying for the $1 million dollar prize and the title of best dancer in the world include: Fifteen year old World Ballet Competition gold medalist Maddy Penney, Japan’s Fusion Dance crew Chibi Unity, two-time Salsa World Champions and real-life couple Jefferson y Adrianita, and World Hip Hop Dance Championship gold medalists UPeepz.
The new season will also include a few new twists, according to EW:
At the beginning of the competition, contestants will be under the impression that they’re performing one final audition for a panel of producers. In a surprise qualifiers twist, however, hopeful acts will walk onto the dance floor to learn that The Qualifiers have already begun and the judges are there to see them perform and determine if they have what it takes to make it to the next round.
Other additions include the callback vote, in which the judges will each give a Yes vote, a No vote, or a Callback vote, which will give acts one last chance to perform and earn their spot in the next round; the blind battle, where the judges will now choose in the Duels round which acts go head-to-head (the acts won’t know their opponent until they hit the dance floor); and the revamped Redemption round, where a special surprise guest judge will decide which acts up for elimination will go head-to-head to earn the final slot in the Semi-Final.
Season 4 premiere airs Tuesday, May 26, after America’s Got Talent, on NBC at 10 p.m. ET/PT .
- 305, Latin Ballroom group from Miami, FL
- Amari Smith, Hip-Hop dancer from Las Vegas, NV
- Antonio & Maria, Latin Ballroom duo from Naples, Italy
- Bailey & Kida, Urban Dance duo from Los Angeles, CA
- Chibi Unity, Fusion crew from Niigata, Japan
- GigaBots, Popping group from Vancouver, Canada
- GRVMNT, Hip-Hop group from Vancouver, Canada
- Itty Bitty Crew, Hip-Hop trio from Edmonton, Canada
- James & Harris, Contemporary duo from Seattle, WA
- Keagan Kapps, Contemporary dancer from Moore, OK
- Maddy Penny, Ballet dancer from Mesa, AZ
- MDC 3, Contemporary trio from Placentia, CA
- Project 21, Jazz group from Yorba Linda, CA
- Savannah Manzel, Jazz dancer from Lake Elmo, MN
- The Break Ninjaz, Breaking crew from Las Vegas, NV
- The Difference, Contemporary group from Carol Stream, IL
- The Young Cast, Hip-Hop group from Levis, Canada
- Willis, Afro House dancer from Bondy, France
- Avant Garde Collective, Urban Dance group from Amsterdam, Netherlands
- CBAction, Street Dance group from Cordoba, Argentina
- Geometrie Variable, Tutting trio from Montpellier, France
- Indigenous Enterprise, Native American Dance quartet from Phoenix, AZ
- Jake & Chau, Contemporary duo from San Jose, CA
- Jefferson y Adrianata, Salsa duo from Cali, Colombia
- Josh & Erica, Urban Dance duo from Los Angeles, CA
- Kurtis Sprung, Contemporary Dancer from Caroga Lake, NY
- Luca & Alessandra, Latin Ballroom duo from Sicily, Italy
- Oxygen, Urban Dance crew from Maastricht, Netherlands
- Pumpfidence, Heels Dance group from Los Angeles, CA
- Show Stopper Miami, Jazz Funk group from Miami, FL
- Styles & Emma, Ballet duo from Rochester, NY
- The Rise, Hip-Hop group from Gilbert, AZ
- The Williams Fam, Hip-Hop quartet from Vallejo, CA
- UPeepz, Urban Dance group from Manila, Philippines