The Voice’s Meghan Linsey Bit by Poisonous Spider (See the Photos)

Yikes. I knew my life-long fear of spiders wasn’t totally irrational. Meghan Linsey details a rare but horrific experience. While The Voice season 8 runner-up was sleeping, she was bitten by a poisonous spider. The accompanying photos illustrate the extreme and painful after effects.

Here’s an excerpt from her account. Read her Facebook post for the full account. The accompanying photos aren’t for the squeamish.

So, 9 days ago, on February 12, I woke up to a stinging sensation on my face. I looked and in my right hand was a dead spider. Somehow while I was sleeping, a spider had bit me and I had killed it. This scenario is literally on the top of my nightmare list.

The stinging was awful and I knew it had to be poisonous. I put the spider in a bag and headed to urgent care.

Over the course of the last 9 days, I have experienced the most insane symptoms. From excruciating nerve pain in my face, muscle spasms, full body rash, extreme swelling… etc. It has really been rough.

It has been confirmed that I was bit by a brown recluse spider, one of two of the most poisonous spiders in the US.

Argh. The good news is that Meghan’s symptoms are under control and the singer is finally well enough to hit the studio this week to work on her new record. Get well soon, Meghan.

About mj santilli 29708 Articles
Founder and editor of mjsbigblog.com, home of the awesomest fan community on the net. I love cheesy singing shows of all kinds, whether reality or scripted. I adore American Idol, but also love The Voice, Glee, X Factor and more!