The Voice season 13 winner Chloe Kohanski has released her debut EP on Republic Records. Titled Fantasy, the set includes six modern pop songs, including the already released “To Be Young.”The singer co-wrote every song on the EP.
1. To Be Young (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & Sizzy Rocket)
2. I Can’t Stop (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & Sizzy Rocket)
3. Ride (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & April Bender)
4. David Bowie (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & Sizzy Rocket)
5. I Feel Good (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & April Bender)
6. Praying For Me (Pete Nappi, Chloe Kohanski & Sizzy Rocket)
Going by the moniker Choe MK, the singer told Paste magazine that she’s obsessed with artists like Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga and was inspired to step out of her comfort zone and create an eclectic work. About co-writing her first single, Chloe said:
I almost canceled this session. I came to find out the producer, who was Peter Nappi, he almost canceled the session as well. Sizzy Rocket, who I just opened up for on her tour, she was also going to cancel the session. We were all going to give up and cancel the session, and we walk in and within, I’m not even kidding, 35 minutes, we wrote the majority of “To Be Young,” which is the first song I released.
The Team Blake Shelton member won The Voice in the fall of 2017 with emotional covers of beloved 70’s and 80’s tunes like “The Chain,” “Landslide,” “Time after Time” and “Total Eclipse of the Heart.”
Listen to all six Fantasy tracks via the Youtube playlist below.