The Voice finals continue tonight (May 14) with the Top 8 and here’s a quick power list of where I believe the contestants stand right now. This week, the contestants face down THE BLOODBATH. The Top 8 will perform solos and duets on Monday (May 14). Then on Tuesday (May 15), THREE singers head straight to the Final Four while THREE singers perform for that last spot. TWO singers will be immediately eliminated.
8. Rayshun Lamarr – Team Adam Levine – Rayshun had a good run, managing to survive two trips to the bottom 2/3. This week is certainly the end of the road for the singer.
7. Jackie Foster – Team Alicia Keys – Jackie might make the sing-off. But this week, she’s competing with a slew of popular/talented singers. If she pulls off an impressive number, she might get a shot at that last final four slot.
6. Kaleb Lee – Team Kelly Clarkson – Being a country singer gives Kaleb a special advantage. Alas, he is not on Team Blake. Nevertheless, unless he blows his performance, he’ll probably at least sing for the save. Sing a duet with the popular Pryor may give him a voting assist.
5. Kyla Jade – Team Blake Shelton – Kyla’s big voiced performances have been real crowd pleasers. She’s got a real shot at the final four. If she sings for the save, no doubt she’s got something impressive saved in her back pocket.
4. Spensha Baker – Team Blake Shelton – Spensha has quietly delivered great performances week after week. It would be a shame if she didn’t at least get the opportunity to sing for the save. I think either she or Kyla gets that last spot, unless Kaleb or Jackie manages to sneak in.
3. Brynn Cartelli – Team Kelly Clarkson – This 15 year old singer could win it all with her confident and assured performances.
2. Britton Buchanan – Team Alicia Keys – Britton certainly has a way with covers. Great vocals, coupled with unique arrangements make him a contender for the crown.
1. Pryor Baird – Team Blake Shelton – There are more talented and interesting singers than Pryor, but he knows how to entertain an audience. His southern fried style is just what The Voice viewers like. He could win it all.
The Voice recently revealed this week’s duet partners:
Rayshun Lamarr/Jackie Foster – They are both dramatic singers. And also the most likely to be eliminated.
Kyla Jade/Spensha Baker – Their styles aren’t much alike (Retro R&B vs soulful country) but it could be an interesting match up.
Brynn Cartelli/Britton Buchanan – These two young singers are favorites to make the final four. They should make for a compelling duo.
Pryor Baird/Kaleb Lee – Both are southern-flavored singers, but the former is comfortable working the stage while the latter is not. I expect Pryor to dominate this performance. I totally forgot! Pryor and Kaleb duetted in the Battles. As we know, Pryor won the battle and his place on Team Blake. Kaleb was stolen by Team Kelly.