The Voice finals begin tonight (April 23) and here’s a quick power list of where I believe the contestants stand right now. The list wound up falling with the first night singers who were voted through on top, and the singers the coaches saved on the bottom of the list. We’ll see how the competitors move ahead or fall behind in the weeks to come.
12. Jackie Verna – Team Adam Levine – I’m still a little steamed Adam saved Jackie instead of Drew Cole, so she falls dead last. Just kidding. No really, she’s an uneven singer who needs work, and I’m not convinced Adam is the coach to help her.
11. Spensha Baker – Team Blake Shelton – Blake was hell bent on advancing this country singer, despite not catching on with viewers. She’ll need to step up her game to get very far.
10. D.R. King – Team Kelly Clarkson – D.R. is the kind of artist who keeps viewers on their toes with his interesting song choices. He could pull ahead of the pack if he and Kelly pick the right songs.
9. Christiana Danielle – Team Alicia Keys – Christiana is hit or miss, I think. Her “let’s slow down a pop song until it’s real ballady” shtick could wear thin. I am surprised that Alicia didn’t save the creative Terrence Cunningham instead.
8. Rayshun Lamarr – Team Adam Levine – Rayshun has great stage presence, but he’s up against some stiff competition. He’ll be lucky to make it to the blood bath.
7. Kaleb Lee – Team Kelly Clarkson – As the only mainstream country male singer in the Top 12, Kaleb could go far. Funny how the two pure country singers are on Team Kelly and Team Adam, rather than Team Blake.
6. Jackie Foster – Team Alicia Keys – Season 14’s resident rocker could go deep in the competition on the strength of her powerful vocals. She seems to be a fan favorite.
5. Pryor Baird – Team Blake Shelton – Blake’s throwback southern rocker is a crowd pleasing performer, and the closest thing the coach has got to country. Weird, isn’t it? Nevertheless, Pryor’s gravelly vocals could take him all the way to the finals.
4. Kyla Jade – Team Blake Shelton – I’ve placed Kyla in front of the pack going into the finals. However, throwback soul singers have a history of struggling on The Voice. Kyla could be an early shock boot. Especially since she and Blake have already played the Jesus card.
3. Sharane Calister – Team Adam Levine – Young Sharane is proving to be a talented stylist. Adam was smart to steal her.
2. Britton Buchanan – Team Alicia Keys – Britton is all around talented. Great voice, stage presence, CUTE. He’s definitely a contender for the finale.
1. Brynn Cartelli – Team Kelly Clarkson – It’s hard to believe this self-assured vocalist just turned fifteen years old. Effortless vocals could take Brynn all the way to the end.