The Voice season 13 LIVE finals being on Monday November 20. Finally, viewers will determine which of the remaining 12 singers will stay and go without input from the coaches. Here is how I rank the Top 12. How would you rate the singers?
- Noah Mac – Team Jennifer – I don’t know if Noah will win the show, but I’ll be really surprised if he doesn’t make the finals. But then, I said the exact same thing regarding Hunter Plake in season 12, and he was cut at the bloodbath. Noah’s iTunes are charting well, and there is something about this kid–he’s a natural talent.
- Addison Agen – Team Adam – Speaking of natural talents. Another teenager, Addison Agen has a good shot at going deep in the competition. Her cover of “Angel from Montgomery” shouldn’t have been that good from such a young singer.
- Red Marlow – Team Blake – Male retro country singer. Team Blake. ‘Nuff said. He’s got everything that country fans love: Authenticity, ability to be vulnerable and an outsized personality. He’s a good bet for the finals.
- Chloe Kohanski – Team Blake – Chloe’s emotional covers of “Landslide” and “Time after Time” moved coaches and viewers alike. But song choice, song choice, song choice! If Chloe’s got the wrong song, she won’t be able to connect. And if she can’t connect, she’ll br in trouble.
- Davon Fleming – Team Jennifer – Davon has got a way with an adlib. His range and phrasing are terrific. Again, song choice will be important for Davon. Lucky for him, JHud is good at picking tunes.
- Adam Cunningham – Team Adam – Maybe I’m rating Adam too low? He’s just the type of singer The Voice viewers love–a soulful, southern rock singer. There are a ton of great singers on the show that I’m loath to rank lower. But maybe I’m just kidding myself.
- Janice Freeman – Team Miley – Janice delivered an impressive performance of “Fall for You” in the Playoffs. But will Miley steer Janice to alternative fare? That seems to be what Janice wants to do. Unusual song choices could help Janice stand out in a crowd of soulful singers.
- Brooke Simpson Team Miley – Brooke’s massive pipes and unbelievable range are impressive. But Miley has got to choose great songs for her. I’m not convinced “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” was the right choice. Contemporary pop songs with a singer/songwriter bent would suit her.
- Keisha Renee – Team Blake – I don’t mind that Keisha putting an R&B spin on country songs. But I get the sense that fans don’t find her authentic, as if she’s trying on a style to help her stand out in a crowd. If she doesn’t seem real, fans won’t vote for her.
- Ashland Craft – Team Miley – Ashland is another singer whose success on the show will depend on Miley’s song choice.
- Shi’Ann Jones – Team Jennifer – This fifteen year old has so much potential, but I don’t believe she’s ready for this jelly.
- Jon Mero – Team Adam – Jon’s Playoffs performance of Adele’s “When We Were Young” was the best of the competition. But he tends to go upbeat. And when he does, it’s hella cornball. Additionally, every soul singer in the competition is a better vocalist.
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- 2018 Golden Globe Awards Nominations List - 12/11/2017
- The Voice Season 13 Ranking The Top 8 (Power List) - 12/11/2017
- The Bachelor 2018 Premieres Jan 1: Meet the Bachelorettes (PHOTOS) - 12/11/2017