The Voice 6 Finale Predictions
CONTROVERSY. Josh Kaufman’s “Set Fire To the Rain” would come up under “albums” in iTunes, but not “songs.” How much higher would it have ranked, without the snafu? That it didn’t make it into the Top 10 didn’t matter, apparently. Josh confirms that the Top 10 multiplier DID NOT COUNT THIS WEEK.
Even though the rules on the NBC.com site clearly indicated that it would. Hm. A little rule switcheroo to keep Jake Worthington from racking up extra votes? The NBC rules did mention that the multiplier did not count. I may have been looking in a different section?
Just a little clarification: there was no iTunes multiplier last night for getting into the top 10. I’ve had some people asking about that.
— Josh Kaufman (@iamjoshkaufman) May 20, 2014
The official rules, however, state that the cumulative iTunes votes for the Live Shows WILL count as votes for the finale. Coach duets do NOT count as iTunes downloads.
I have not crunched the numbers, so I am not quite sure how the cumulative totals will shake out. All 3 singers have had songs land in the Top 10.
Will the production acknowledge the problems with Josh’s downloads tonight? We’ll see.
#3 Christina Grimmie – Can’t Help Falling in Love
#6 Jake Worthington – Right Here Waiting
#7 Jake Worthington/Blake Shelton – A Country Boy can Survive*
#8 Christina Grimmie/Adam Levine – Somebody That I Used to Know*
#9 Jake Worthington – Don’t Close Your Eyes
#11. Josh Kaufman/Usher – Every Breath You Take*
#16 – Josh Kaufman – Signed Sealed and Delivered
#19 – Josh Kaufman – Set Fire to the Rain
#41 – Christina Grimmie – Wrecking Ball
*Coach duet iTunes downloads DO NOT COUNT AS VOTES
Christina’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” was your clear fav, followed by Josh Kaufman’s “Set Fire to the Rain” and Signed Sealed and Delivered. The rest of the songs fall below 10%. Not much love for Jake here. But we know that does not jibe with the general public.
- Christina Grimmie – Team Adam – Can’t Help Falling in Love 35.1%
- Josh Kaufman – Team Usher -Set Fire To the Rain 23.45%
- Josh Kaufman – Team Usher – Signed, Sealed, Delivered 11.65%
- Christina Grimmie w Adam – Team Adam – Somebody That I Used To Know 8.37%
- Christina Grimmie – Team Adam – Wrecking Ball, by Miley Cyrus 5.51%
- Jake Worthington – Team Blake – Don’t Close Your Eyes 5.09%
- Jake Worthington – Team Blake – Right Here Waiting 4.33%
- Josh Kaufman w Usher – Team Usher – Every Breath You Take 3.84%
- Jake Worthington w Blake – Team Blake – A Country Boy Can Survive 2.65%
I would agree with these results! Adam kind of reined Christina in, allowing her to deliver a controlled performance. Somebody should tell her that her middle range and falsetto are beautiful. NO NEED TO SCREAM AT ME.
- Christina Grimmie – Somebody That I Used To Know, by Gotye (Duet with Adam) 59.74%
- Josh Kaufman – Every Breath You Take, by The Police (Duet with Usher) 28.97%
- Jake Worthington – A Country Boy Can Survive, by Hank Williams (Duet with Blake) 11.29%
Who SHOULD Win
Yep. I’m on board. Josh has delivered fantastic performances all season. His tone, phrasing and performance skills are amazing. He’s truly a special talent.
- Josh Kaufman – Team Usher 48.47%
- Christina Grimmie – Team Adam 43.59%
- Jake Worthington – Team Usher 7.94%
Who WILL Win
And Yep. Christina is going to win. She came into the competition with a sizable Youtube fan base, and it only grew throughout the competition. I also believe country boy, Josh has his believers (who aren’t frequenting the blog) and will come in 2nd.
- Christina Grimmie – Team Adam 47.85% (667 votes)
- Josh Kaufman – Team Usher 39.31% (548 votes)
- Jake Worthington – Team Blake 12.84% (179 votes)
Prediction: Winner: Christina Grimmie – Runner-up: Jake Worthington – 3rd Place: Josh Kaufman