The Voice 23: Will Blake Shelton Win his 10th and Final Season?
Did The Voice season 23 Top 5 performances change your mind about who could win the season? In last week’s poll results, voters predicted that Blake Shelton’s Grace West would win the season. I wrote that producers would do everything in their power to make sure Blake notches his 10th win before heading out the door.
However, by 9 pm Grace was finished performing for the night. She had two solid performances. The show did seem hell bent on making sure contestants covered Reba McEntire songs before she joins the coaches panel next season. But her performance of “She’s Got You” by Patsy Cline was stellar! Still, she performed so early in the night, would voters forget her?
Blake’s other finalist NOIVAS performed next to last. His performance of “Cold” by Chris Stapleton was a bit overwrought, but solid and a great song pick. But his performance of “Fly Away” by Lenny Kravits was shouty and off pitch. By the way, did you guys notice Blake mentioning how Chance literally handed one of his best artists to him in the Battles? He wondered, like many of us did, if he was helping him win the show. But despite performing next to the last in the lineup, and receiving a ton of hype from the panel, NOIVAS peaked early in the season and is probably not a contender at this point.
Gina Miles ended the night with a stunner
While I agreed with voters that Grace would probably win, I said NOT to count out Team Niall Horan’s Gina Miles. Even host Carson Daly said that she “peaked at the right time.” That, and performing last in the lineup is NOT making sure Blake has all the advantages. The young singer finished the night with an incredible performance of “Nothing Compares 2 U.” In the first round, she also performed a sweet rendition of Taylor Swift’s “Style.”
So Gina is going to win, right? Not so fast. Let’s take a look at video data from The Voice official Facebook page.
The Voice 23 Final Performance VIdeos Facebook Likes and Streams
Team Chance the Rapper artist Sorelle’s Lady Gaga cover has the most likes and views of the night! However, their second performance ranks at No. 7. It’s a mixed bag for the sibling trio. Viewers like the performance more than they liked the sisters. On the other hand, look at Grace’s numbers! Despite her lousy performance spot, she still earned a ton of likes and views, ahead of Gina who ranked 4th and 5th.
What the ranking means is that Grace has PEOPLE. And they are voting for HER.
- Sorelle – Million Reasons by Lady Gaga – Team Chance – 10K likes, 229.5K views
- Grace West – She’s Got You by Patsy Cline -Team Blake – 7.5K likes 136K views
- Grace West – The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia – 6.3K likes, 100.9K views
- Gina Miles – Nothing Compares 2 U – Team Niall – 5.1K likes, 102.2K views
- Gina Miles – Style by Taylor Swift – Team Niall – 3.4K likes, 93.7 views
- D. Smooth – What You Won’t Do For Love – Team Kelly – 2.7K likes, 53.8K views
- Sorelle – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell – Team Chance – 2.1K likes – 64.1K views
- NOIVAS – Cold by Chris Stapleton – Team Blake – 1.8K likes, 51.K views
- D. Smooth – My, My, My by Johnny Gill – Team Kelly – 1.8K likes, 34K views
- NOIVAS – Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz – Team Blake – 1.7K likes 53K views
Producers unexpectedly carried over the one vote per email rule from last week. However, when fans vote for the winner, they are usually voting ONLY for the contestant that they want to win. The voting rules make more sense this week than they did last week when 8 artists were whittled down to 5. However, with two singers in the competition vs one for the other coaches, Kelly Clarkson, Chance the Rapper and Niall Horan, the one vote rule could split Blake Shelton’s vote and work against him.
The Voice season 23 finale airs on NBC at 9 pm ET/PT
More polls, because WHY NOT!