The Voice season 20 Top 9 perform LIVE Monday night (May 17), as the artists vie for 5 spots in the finale.
After each singer performs, the overnight vote commences. On Tuesday, host Carson Daly reveals the Top vote getter from each of Team Blake Shelton, Team Kelly Clarkson, Team John Legend and Team Nick Jonas. The remaining 5 contestants will face off in an instant save performance for the fifth spot.
Here is how I rank the remaining artists. The first four spots are reserved for those who I think will rank highest on each team. The remaining five are ranked 5, 6, 7 8 9 in order of the strongest to win the Instant Save. This list is how they stand NOW. After Monday night’s performance episode, the rankings could totally change.
Also, at this point in the season, I think it’s a two artist competition between Cam Anthony from Team Balke and Kenzie Wheeler from Team Kelly. Either of the two singers, I believe, will ultimately nab the crown.
The Voice 20 Top 9 Power List
9. Jordan Matthew Young – Team Blake – I am still surprised that Blake chose Jordan over the talented Anna Grace. I think he’ll get his last shot on the stage before being eliminated on Tuesday.
8. Corey Ward – Team Kelly – Could Corey be saved twice? Not against the competition he is likely to face in the Instant Save.
7. Pia Renee – Team Legend – Pia only has an outside chance of beating John Solomon for a spot in the finale. But she could win the Instant Save with a great performance. But I don’t think she’ll outsing Dana at this point.
6. Gihanna Zoe – Team Kelly – When Gihanna is good, she’s terrific. But Kelly advanced her last week based on an uneven performance. She could win the Instant Save if she has a great night.
5. Dana Monique -Team Nick – Dana has the best chance of delivering a killer Instant Save performance. If she has to sing for her life, she’s a good bet to win the Instant vote.
4. John Solomon – Team Legend – I think John will prevail over the talented Pia Renee, because he’s got it all! He’s more consistent than Pia. But he’s also a terrific entertainer who sings AND dances. Which one will pull out the gospel number this week? Hm.
3. Rachel Mac – Team Nick – The finale spot could also go to the phenomenal rock and soul singer, Dana Monique. But on Team Nick, Rachel is special in a less in-your-face way. The teen singer has a beautiful tone and honest delivery that could put her into the final.
2. Cam Anthony – Team Blake – Cam’s coach claims that he could be the first The Voice winner to become a superstar. For sure, the singer has a soulful yet contemporary sound that could easily translate to chart and radio success. Cam has consistently impressed viewers and coaches alike with out-of-the-box covers. He’s never boring.
1. Kenzie Wheeler – Team Kelly – Kenzie has the advantage of being a country singer and coming from the south. But it’s not a matter of failing upwards for Kenzie. He is actually a very good country singer. His resonate vocals are effortless and radio ready. Seriously though, he needs to ditch that mullet.