The Voice season 20 goes LIVE on Monday May 10. First, the winner of the 4-way Knockout will be revealed and will join the remaining 16 artists to compete for a spot on the Top 9.
After 17 performances, viewers vote for their favorites. The Top 9 will be revealed on Tuesday May 11 in an hour long results show beginning at 8 pm ET/PT. The way this usually works: The top vote getters from each team move instantly to the Top 9. Each coach picks a singer to advance. And then the top vote getter from the remaining artists on each team will face off in an Instant Save performance. The winner joins the Top 8.
Also, last season, each Top 16 finalist and all four Knockout fingers released studio recordings on Youtube. No word on if that’s happening this season.’
There is a lot at stake for the Top 17! And the competition is fierce in a season that is FULL of singing talent.
The Voice 20 Semi Power List
Power listing the Top 16 is too much, so I’m just ranking the artists whom I consider the Top 10. There are too many singers for me to completely wrap my brain around at this point. I’ll feel more confident ranking the Top 9 next week. But might as well give it a shot!
10. Zae Romeo – Team Kelly – Zae is an intriguing talent, I don’t blame Kelly for stealing him. His vulnerable and heartfelt performance of “Electric Love” in the Knockouts was a standout. But considering that Kelly’s team is stacked with talent, Zae probably won’t move on to the Top 9.
9. Pete Mroz – Team Blake – Pete’s a seasoned singer, and his experience shows. In a less star-studded season, he might have made the finals. But he’ll struggle to move on to the Top 9.
8. Dana Monique – Team Nick – Dana is lucky to be on a weak team. She’s a solid R&B singer, but she’ll outlast more talented singers.
7. Ryleigh Modic – Team Legend – John stole the talented Ryleigh from Team Kelly. I think he would save her over the old fashioned Victor Solomon.
6. Anna Grace – Team Blake – Blake stole Anna from Team Kelly in the Knockouts, and I think he will choose her to advance, even over his bud Pete Mroz.
5. Corey Ward – Team Kelly – Corey’s emotional style reminds me a lot of X Factor alum James Arthur. He’s a compelling singer, especially when performing emotional ballads. If Kelly doesn’t pick him, he could win the wildcard spot.
4. Rachel Mac – Team Nick – Nick has the weakest team this season, which totally works in Rachel’s favor. She’s hardly the strongest singer in the Top 16, but she’s certainly the strongest on Team Nick. Having said that, her “Foolish Games” performance from the Knockouts was very good.
3. Pia Reneé – Team Legend – She’s the strongest singer on Team John Legend. If she doesn’t advance, he will save her. Her performance of “What the World Needs Now” in the Knockouts was stunning.
2. Cam Anthony – Team Blake – Cam delivered an incredible version of Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” in the Knockouts. He deserves to be in the finals. He either moves automatically or Blake saves him.
1. Kenzie Wheeler – Team Kelly – Kelly’s got the strongest team, which means the show is bound to lose a talented singer or two. Kenzie, as the country guy with a good voice and appealing personality (to The Voice base, anyway) could very well win it all.
The Voice 20 Playoffs Poll Results
The Voice Season 20 – Who Will Win the 4-Way Knockout?
Rocker Savanna Woods clearly won the Knockout with a dynamic and exciting performance. How long she lasts in the competition is another issue. Unless she can show some versatility like the rocker gal on that other show, she’s probably won’t make the Top 9.
- Savanna Woods – Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden – Team Kelly – 47.92%
- Carolina Rial – Anyone by Demi Lovato – Team Legend – 22.06%
- Emma Caroline – Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn – Team Blake – 15.73%
- Devan Blake Jones – Sign of the Times by Harry Styles – Team Nick – 14.29%
The Voice Season 20: Favorite Top 16 Contestant
The only clear favorite appears to be Cam. Every other artist scored in single digits.
- Cam Anthony – Team Blake – 32.79%
- Kenzie Wheeler – Team Kelly – 9.47%
- Zae Romeo – Team Kelly – 9.47%
- Corey Ward – Team Kelly – 7.65%
- Rachel Mac – Team Nick – 7.29%
- Gihanna Zoë – Team Kelly – 6.01%
- Ryleigh Modig – Team Legend – 5.28%
- Pia Reneé – Team Legend – 4.37%
- Anna Grace – Team Blake – 4.01%
- Andrew Marshall – Team Nick – 2.91%
- Pete Mroz – Team Blake – 2.91%
- Dana Monique – Team Nick – 2.37%
- Jordan Matthew Young – Team Blake – 2.19%
- Zania Alaké – Team Legend – 1.82%
- Victor Solomon – Team Legend – 1.09%
- Jose Figueroa Jr. – Team Nick – 0.36%
The Voice Season 20 – Best Team At Top 16
Over 50% voted for Team Kelly. That’s overwhelming. Blake is behind her with over 31%. John and Nick barely register.
- Team Kelly Clarkson – 56.53%
- Team Blake Shelton – 31.83%
- Team Nick Jonas – 5.94%
- Team John Legend – 5.70%
The Voice 20 – Grade the Season So Far
- B – 44.20%
- A – 35.86%
- C – 12.95%
- D – 3.57%
- F – 3.42%