Tonight, it’s the dreaded Semi-final BLOOD BATH. The Top 8 will become a Top 4. The Top 3 head straight to the final. Singers in 4th, 5th and 6th place perform for the Instant Save and a spot in the final. The Bottom 2 are sent immediately home. Who will be eliminated from Teams Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend? Let’s make some predictions.
REMINDER: Tonight’s The Voice airs at 9 pm ET/PT on NBC.
iTunes Charts: (4:00 pm ET)
Remember: Only streams count as votes–download charts don’t paint the whole picture.
A The Voice artists finally cracked the Top 5 this season. Unsurprisingly, Jake Hoot takes the No. 1 spot with Ricky Duran right behind him. Rose is next, followed by Katie. Will Brenan charts well below the rest of the Top 8 at 126. OUCH. Marybeth Byrd barely cracked the Top 100.
1. Jake Hoot – Desperado
2. Ricky Duran – Let it Be
8. Rose Short – I Want to Know What Love Is
12. Katie Kadan – Lady Marmalade
43. Kat Hammock – Somewhere Only We Know
67. Hello Sunday – Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing
99. Marybeth Byrd – Before He Cheats
126 . Will Breman – Locked Out of Heaven
84. Jake Hoot – That Ain’t My Truck
102. Rose Short – God’s Country
112. Jake Hoot – Danny’s Song
114. Katie Kadan – Rolling in the Deep
125. Jake Hoot – Every Light in the House
161. Katie Kardan – Without You
Favorite Solo Performance
Ricky, Rose and Jake garner nearly 75% of the votes.
- Ricky Duran – Team Blake Shelton – Let it Be 29.68%
- Rose Short – Team Gwen Stefani – I Want to Know What Love Is 23.02%
- Jake Hoot – Team Kelly Clarkson – Desperado 20.67%
- Kat Hammock – Team Blake Shelton – Somewhere Only We Know 12.84%
- Katie Kadan – Team John Legend – Lady Marmalade 7.05%
- Hello Sunday – Team Kelly Clarkson – Don’t You Worry Bout a Thing 3.29%
- Marybeth Byrd – Team John Legend – Before He Cheats 1.8%
- Will Breman – Team John Legend – Locked Out of Heaven 1.64%
Favorite Duet Performance
These standings are unsurprising. Over 40% voted the Katie & Roses duet No. 1!
- Katie Kadan and Rose Short – Express Yourself 43.21%
- Ricky Duran and Will Breman – Your Love 26.5%
- Marybeth Byrd and Jake Hoot – Up Where We Belong 20.27%
- Hello Sunday and Kat Hammock – We Belong 10.02%
Who WILL Advance to the Top 4
These standing look pretty solid. Katie placed Top 3 or 2 in my recent Power Lists. But I think her song choice last night was weak. She also performed earlier in the show, which does not help.
- Ricky Duran 22.59%
- Jake Hoot 22.03%
- Rose Short 20.31%
- Katie Kadan 19.39%
- Kat Hammock 7.91%
- Hello Sunday 3.26%
- Will Breman 2.31%
- Marybeth Byrd 2.2%
Who SHOULD Advance to the Top 4
- Ricky Duran 672 21.78%
- Rose Short 635 20.58%
- Jake Hoot 612 19.84%
- Katie Kadan 576 18.67%
- Kat Hammock 259 8.4%
- Marybeth Byrd 129 4.18%
- Will Breman 112 3.63%
- Hello Sunday 90 2.92%
Grade the Episode
- B 50.97%
- A 31.32%
- C 12.45%
- F 2.72%
- D 2.53%
Jake Hoot and Ricky Duran are shoe-ins for the Top 3, I believe. However, it’s entirely possible that Rose Short could nab that 3rd spot, leaving Katie Kadan to sing for her life. Of course, no matter who Katie is up against–she’ll blow the competition away.Or things could go totally cray cray. Hello Sunday and Kat Hammock have been stealthy dark horses in this competition. One of them could take that third spot and jaws would drop! I mean, c’mon. It’s the blood bath! I feel certain Will Berman and Marybeth Byrd will be the bottom 2 and immediately eliminated.
Prediction: No wild predictions from me this week. The Top 4 will be Jake Hoot, Ricky Duran, Rose Short, and Katie Kadan.