Tonight, The Voice 17 winner will be crowned. Will the winner be from Team Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson or John Legend? Let’s make some predictions.
REMINDER: Tonight’s The Voice airs a CLIP SHOW at 8 pm ET/PT followed by the FINALE at 9 pm ET/PT on NBC.
iTunes Charts: (3:27 pm ET)
The Voice Top 4 are well represented in the iTunes Top 200 as fans stream songs from across the season. ALL solo songs streamed on Apple Music count as votes. The Top 4 occupy six spots on the iTunes Top 10. Unfortunately, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani are keeping The Voice artists from nabbing that No. 2 spot. It’s a fitting analogy for how the show benefits coaches over the contestants.
Ricky Duran holds the top spot. But Jake Hoot has three songs in the Top 10, while Ricky only has one. Good for Katie Kadan. Her original song lands at No. 4! Even the asteroid song squeaked into the Top 10. Rose Short-yikes. I am shocked that Border Song is not even inside the Top 50. She closed the show with a terrific performance. I don’t get it. However, I TOTALLY get that her Gwen Stefani duet is charting outside of the Top 100. That song choice was ill advised.
Remember: Only streams count as votes–download charts don’t paint the whole picture.
1. Ricky Duran – A Woman Like Her
3. Jake Hoot & Kelly Clarkson – Wintersong
4. Katie Kadan – All Better
5. Jake Hoot – Better Off Without You
7. Jake Hoot – Amazed
10. Katie Kadan – I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
12. Rose Short – Steamroller
13 . Katie Kadan & John Legend – Merry Christmas Baby
14. Ricky Duran & Blake Shelton – Run Rudolph Run
36. Ricky Duran – Runnin Down a Dream
55. Rose Short – Border Song
104. Rose Short & Gwen Stefani – My Gift is You
2. Blake Shelton ft. Gwen Stefani – Nobody But You
11. Jake Hoot – Desperado
21. Ricky Duran – Let it Be
41. Katie Kadan – Without You
45. Jake Hoot – That Ain’t My Truck
50. Jake Hoot – Danny’s Song
54. Katie Kardan – Lady Marmalade
60. Jake Hoot – Every Light in the House
61. Katie Kardan – I’m Going Down
73. Rose Short – I Want to Know What Love Is
91. Ricky Duran – You Are the Best Thing
94. Katie Kardan – Rolling in the Deep
111. Rose Short – God’s Country
169. Ricky Duran – Born Under a Bad Sign
185. Ricky Duran – Downtown Train
Favorite Solo Performance
Ricky’s original song is by far your fav, garnering 39% of the vote.
- Ricky Duran – Team Blake Shelton – A Woman Like Her 39.26%
- Rose Short – Team Gwen Stefani – Border Song 12.67%
- Ricky Duran – Team Blake Shelton – Runnin’ Down a Dream 11.9%
- Katie Kadan – Team John Legend – All Better 11.7%
- Jake Hoot – Team Kelly Clarkson – Amazed 8.22%
- Jake Hoot – Team Kelly Clarkson – Better Off 7.74%
- Katie Kadan- Team John Legend – I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing 6%
- Rose Short – Team Gwen Stefani – Steamroller 2.51%
Favorite Duet Performance
I am a little surprised that Ricky & Blake beat out Jake & Kelly in the duet poll. Of course, these polls are super-unscientific. Often, the artist with the best organized fan group wins.
- Ricky Duran & Blake Shelton – Run Rudolph Run 41.25%
- Jake Hoot & Kelly Clarkson – Wintersong 31.73%
- Katie Kadan & John Legend – Merry Christmas Baby 19.91%
- Rose Short – Team Gwen Stefani – Border Song 7.11%
Who WILL WIN The Voice 17
Hm. I’d switch Ricky with Jake. In the Should win category…hm. Rose is my favorite out of the four singers. But should she win? All four singers are talented. There are no travesties here.
- Ricky Duran 43.49%
- Jake Hoot 35.82%
- Katie Kadan 14.27%
- Rose Short 6.42%
Who SHOULD WIN The Voice 17
- Ricky Duran 43.19%
- Jake Hoot 36.04%
- Katie Kadan 14.3%
- Rose Short 6.47%
Grade the Episode
- B 42.95%
- A 34.49%
- C 16.92%
- F 3.25%
- D 2.39%
Prediction: I am sticking with my power list. Jake Hoot will win The Voice. Ricky Duran will come in 2nd. Katie Kadan will come in 3rd, and Rose Short will land in 4th place.
Ricky and Katie could switch places–Katie coming in 2nd and Ricky third. But I think Jake found a fan base early on, and they continued to vote for him, despite Jake falling short compared to Ricky and Katie. Both Ricky and Katie had better original songs. Unfortunately, Rose’s song choices should have been better. In any case, Rose had an uphill battle to best three popular finalists.