It’s the most nail-biting night of The Voice season. Tonight, FOUR singers will be eliminated from competition. The Top 3 will move immediately to the final four. The bottom two will be eliminated. The singers in 4th, 5th and 6th place will perform for YOUR instant vote and a spot in next week’s final.
Something unexpected always goes down during the semi-final bloodbath. That’s what makes the night so exciting.
Let’s check out the stats. As of noon today, five contestants made the Top 10, and will receive the 5x bonus, including QUEEN iTUNES herself, Chloe Kohanski, Addison Agen, Red Marlow, Brooke Simpson and (Yay) Noah Mac. Davon Fleming had hit No 8 last night, but according to my chart had fallen out of the Top 10 by noon. He may or may not qualify for the bonus? Contestants HAVE to be in the Top 10 at CLOSE of voting. In either case, Davon will most likely be singing for a spot in the final.
Noah/Chloe was the only duet to enter the Top 10, translating in extra votes for both singers. I’m a little surprised to see Keisha so low on the chart, relatively speaking. Folks don’t seem to be accepting her as a country artist, despite being a fine vocalist.
Chloe and Addison are all over the Top 200. Noah is showing a bit of staying power as well, which is a good sign for him.
iTunes Rankings as of 12 pm
1. Chloe Kohanski – I Want to Know What Love Is
2. Addison Agen – Both Sides Now
3. Chloe Kohanski/Noah Mac – Wicked Game
5. Red Marlow – Go Rest High on That Mountain
6. Brooke Simpson – Faithfully
7. Noah Mac – River
11. Davon Fleming – Gravity (Down from No 8 last night)
14. Red Marlow/Adam Cunningham – Can’t You See
16. Adam Cunningham – I’m Already There
18. Addison Agen/Keisha Renae – Strong Enough
21. Keisha Renae – What Hurts The Most
25. Brooke Simpson/Davon Fleming – Earned It
41. Chloe Kohanski – Total Eclipse of the Heart
49. Brooke Simpson – Amazing Grace
55. Chloe Kohanski – Landslide
74. Chloe Kohanski – Call Me
83. Addison Agen – Lucky
86. Chloe Kohanski – Time After Time
110. Addison Agen – A Case of You
134. Noah Mac – Hold Back the River
169. Addison Agen – She Used to Be Mine
170. Addison Agen – Beneath Your Beautiful
174. Chloe Kohanski – The Chain
178. Noah Mac – Ordinary World
196. Chloe Kohanski – Thank You
198. Addison Agen – Angel from Montgomery
Favorite Top 8 Performance
Addison and Choe are running neck and neck in the favorites poll. My personal fav was Addison. “Both Sides Now” was her second Joni Mitchell song this season (“A Case of You”) but I am not complaining. I’d rank Davon a higher. I thought “Gravity” was possibly his best performance of the season.
- Addison Agen – Team Adam – Both Sides Now 28.94%
- Chloe Kohanski – Team Blake – I Want to Know What Love Is 26%
- Noah Mac – Team Jennifer – River 23.4%
- Brooke Simpson – Team Miley – Faithfully 11.79%
- Keisha Renee – Team Blake – What Hurts the Most 3.81%
- Davon Fleming – Team Jennifer – Gravity 2.95%
- Red Marlow – Team Blake – Go Rest High on That Mountain 1.91%
- Adam Cunningham – Team Adam – I’m Already There 1.2%
Favorite Top 8 Duet
Unpopular opinion: Brooke and Davon’s duet was my favorite. The two had more chemistry than Chloe and Noah. Regardless, I’m not mad the two charted so well.
- Chloe Kohanski & Noah Mac – Wicked Game 57.38%
- Addison Agen & Keisha Renee – Strong Enough 20.9%
- Brooke Simpson & Davon Fleming – Earned It 13.11%
- Adam Cunningham & Red Marlow – Can’t You See 8.61%
Which FOUR Singers WILL MOVE ON TO THE FINAL?
I’d swap Red for Noah in this poll.
- Chloe Kohanski – Team Blake 24.32%
- Addison Agen – Team Adam 23.81%
- Noah Mac – Team Jennifer 16.21%
- Red Marlow – Team Blake 15.05%
- Brooke Simpson – Team Miley 14.73%
- Keisha Renee – Team Blake 2.5%
- Davon Fleming – Team Jennifer 2.41%
- Adam Cunningham – Team Adam 0.97%
Which FOUR Singers SHOULD MOVE ON TO THE FINAL?
I’d swap Keisha or Davon for Brooke here. The former two have had consistently better performances all season, I think.
- Addison Agen – Team Adam 23.09%
- Chloe Kohanski – Team Blake 22.99%
- Noah Mac – Team Jennifer 19.54%
- Brooke Simpson – Team Miley 16.41%
- Keisha Renee – Team Blake 7.52%
- Red Marlow – Team Blake 4.55%
- Davon Fleming – Team Jennifer 4.28%
- Adam Cunningham – Team Adam 1.62%
Prediction: Chloe Kohanski, Addison Agen and Red Marlow advance to the Final Four. I’m picking Red instead of Noah because Blake Shelton country vote. Adam Cunningham and Keisha Renee will be eliminated in the bottom 2. Adam’s been running on fumes all season. And Keisha was never a fully convincing country artist. Noah Mac, Brooke Simpson and Davon Fleming will sing for that fourth spot. I’m hoping it’s Noah. But if Brooke pulls out an impressive performance in the pimp spot, she’ll nab that 4th spot.