The Voice 11 Top 8 Power List and Photo Gallery
The Voice season 11 LIVE Semifinals are here! You know what that means. BLOOD BATH! FOUR contestants will move on to next week’s final on Tuesday. Four will get the axe. It’s the most unpredictable and nerve wracking week of the competition. Y’all might want to pour yourselves a stiff one.
Typically, on results night, the three top vote getters automatically advance to the final. The bottom two head home. And, the 4th, 5th and 6th place singers perform for the Insta-Save. The winner of the three-way sing off takes the fourth spot in the final.
I’ve ranked all 8 finalists from Team Adam Levine, Team Alicia Keys, Team Miley Cyrus and Team Blake Shelton according to their relative strength at this stage of the game. Also, check out the photo gallery at the end of the post.
The way I see it now: Aaron Gibson and Josh Gallagher are probably going home. Three of either Ali Caldwell, Brendan Fletcher, Christian Cuevas or Wé McDonald will fight it out for the fourth spot. Sundance Head and Billy Gilman seem destined to advance to the final. But again–with half the field leaving the competition this week, anything can happen.
8. Aaron Gibson – Team Miley – I know! Aaron has been last on the list for several weeks in a row, but he manages to hang on. If he turns in a great performance I suppose it’s possible he could nab a sing-off spot. But just like Season 10’s Paxton Ingram who continued to advance against all odds–the semifinal will be the end of the road for Aaron.
7. Josh Gallagher – Team Adam – Josh turns in competent performances week in and week out, but he’s largely stayed in the background. He’s never hit the Top 10 on iTunes, had the pimp spot, or earned much buzz throughout the competition. The end has come for Josh, I believe.
6. Ali Caldwell – Team Miley – Ali has had several standout performances throughout the competition. She’s one of the best vocalists left. Yet…even when she’s had the pimp spot, her songs haven’t moved much on iTunes. Despite promotion, the talented singer doesn’t seem to be catching on.
5. Brendan Fletcher – Team Adam – Brendan has come on strong since the lives began and has a good shot at the final, but he’ll probably have to sing for his spot.
4. Christian Cuevas – Team Alicia – Christian’s earnest and emotional performances seem to be earning him fans week by week. Now would be a perfect time for Alicia to whip out the God card for the devout singer. If it comes down to singing for the fourth spot? Bring out Jesus and he’ll be hard to beat.
3. Wé McDonald – Team Alicia – Her odd melding of opera and blues in last week’s “God Bless the Child” withstanding, young Wé seems to have a passionate fanbase ready to vote her through to the finals. It’s hard to imagine the finale without her.
2. Sundance Head – Team Blake – From a Vote for the Worst pick back in his American Idol days, to possibly the winner of The Voice? It could happen! Sundance has prevailed with a strong voice, solid performances, and an active social media presence. He’s Blake Shelton’s last singer standing. I’m sure they are both working very hard this week.
1. Billy Gilman – Team Adam – Billy came into the competition with name recognition, which gave him a built in advantage over the other contestants. Plus, he knows how to deliver Big Moments on stage. It’s quite possible The Voice could deliver another child star winner. (Curly Sue’s Alisan Porter won last spring).
Join us Monday for The Voice 11 Top 8 performances and Semifinal beginning at 8 pm ET. Right here.