On Sunday after the NFL game, FOX aired a preview of The Masked Singer and Alter Ego. The Masked Singer returns for season 6 on Wednesday Sept 22. New competition, Alter Ego premiers right after. Both shows will get a TWO night premiere, also airing on Thursday September 23.
The Masked Singer will feature 16 costumes this season. The FOX preview featured 14 costumes with clues. The show revealed an additional costume on Monday (Sept 13)
The Masked Singer Season 6 Costume List
- Baby – This pacifier sucker never claimed to be classy especially when I get gassy.”
- Caterpillar – Longest costume ever “You may not know who I am yet, but I can say a Taylor would especially this one.” And they point to a photo of popstar Taylor Swift.
- Hamster – Clue is a silver traffic whistle
- Skunk – First clue is a photo of young Elvis Presley.
- Mallard – Photo of an old fashioned red rotary telephone is a clue.
- Bull – Photo of a Tiger and a Lion is a clue
- Pepper – A photo of what looks like sparking electricity
- Cupcake – Compass pointing north is a clue
- Banana Split (Duo) – 3 red dice rolling 3 twos is a clue
- Queen of Hearts – A photo of a horse in a fenced in field is a clue
- Jester – A photo of a bouquet of red roses is a clue
- Octopus – A photo of chocolate chip cookie being dunked in a glass of milk is a clue.
- Beach Ball – Two bandaids formed into an X is a clue
- Dalmation – A picture of flying eagles is a clue
- Mother Nature – Not featured in the 30 minute special, but the costume will be featured on the premiere episode.
WATCH the parade of costumes and clues below!
In addition, the FOX special previewed a performance from Queen of Hearts. It’s the first time a contestant has performed a song in another language. She sings the French classic, “La Vie En Rose” by Edith Piaf.
Performance Preview! Queen of Hearts sings a French Classic!
Host Nick Cannon announced that on Wednesday, there will be a double elimination. That means TWO celebrities will take off their masks and go home. On Thursday, there will be TWO Wildcards introduced into the game.
New for The Masked Singer Season 6
In addition, The Masked Singer is switching up the format a bit this season. The celebrities will sing in one of two groups. But for the first time in the show’s history, the winner of Group A will face off against the winner of Group B for the “ultimate Mask-Off Face-Off in the season finale episode.”
Also, Wildcards are back, with each group featuring several wildcard contestants joining the competition to unseat a current celebrity.
The “Take if Off Buzzer”
At the end of the special, Nick announced the biggest twist, the Take It Off Buzzer. Basically, if a panelist is sure they know who is behind the mask, they can hit the buzzer. At that point, they give the name. If they are correct, that contestant has to unmask immediately and leave the competition. The panelist who guessed correctly earns two points toward their quest for the Golden Ear Trophy.
However, if the panelist is wrong, contestant remains masked and on the show, but the panelist will lose two points towards the Golden Ear Trophy. There are caveats. The new buzzer can only be used once in Group A and once in Group B. Not every panelist will get a chance to use the buzzer.
Meanwhile, some elements of The Masked Singer WILL stay the same. The entire cast will return for The Masked Singer season 6 including host Nick Cannon and judges Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong, Nicole Scherzinger.