Sophomore talker, The Kelly Clarkson Show, which NBC recently renewed for two more years, has hit a ratings milestone.
This week, the American Idol OG winner and The Voice coach Kelly Clarkson’s eponymous show ramped up 10% to a 1.1 live-plus-same-day national Nielsen rating and leapt into a tie with veteran Ellen DeGeneres for third place among talk shows for the first time this season, reports TVNewsCheck.com
Ellen, which wrapped up its “12 Days of Giveaways” during the timeframe, declined 8% to a 1.1. The decline ends a difficult year for the beleaguered talk show host, accused of presiding over a toxic, racist and sexist workplace. Eventually, she fired producers, and apologized to her audience.
Live with Kelly and Ryan and Dr. Phil finished in a tie at the No 1 position, with Live falling 5% from its season high to a 1.9, and Phil holding steady at a 1.9.
The top talk shows for the week among women 25-54 were:
- Live with Kelly and Ryan (0.8, unchanged from the week before)
- Dr. Phil (0.7, unchanged)
- Kelly Clarkson (0.5, unchanged), tied with Ellen DeGeneres (0.5, -17%) and Maury (0.5, unchanged)
Household ratings rankings
- Dr. Phil (CTD) 1.9 NC
- Live with Kelly and Ryan (Disney-ABC) 1.9 -5%
- Ellen DeGeneres (WBDTD) 1.1 -8%
- The Kelly Clarkson Show (NBCU) 1.1* +10%
- Maury (NBCU) 1.0 NC
- Wendy Williams (Debmar-Mercury) 0.9 NC
- Rachael Ray (CTD) 0.9 NC
- Tamron Hall (Disney-ABC) 0.9 +13%
- Steve Wilkos (NBCU) 0.7** -13%
- Dr. Oz (Sony) 0.7 NC
- The Real (WBDTD) 0.4 NC
- The Doctors (CTD) 0.3 NC
- Jerry Springer (NBCU) 0.2 NC
In the household rating rankings that follow, % change is from the previous week; * indicates a new season-high rating; ** indicates a new season low; NC indicates no change from the previous week; NA means not applicable.