I’ll be watching Oscars tonight, will you? Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin will host, and thanks to Academy Awards producer (and SYTYCD judge) Adam Shankman, there will be a slew of So You Think You Can Dance alums performing.
For the first time, the Academy opened up it’s slate of Best Picture nominees to 10 entries. You can check out all of the nominees right HERE.
I won’t be live-blogging, exactly, but here is a thread for those folks who want to comment.
- Also, just for fun, I’ve started a Fun Office Pool for the Oscars. If you’re interested, you can sign up HERE. I’ll announce the winners after the broadcast.
See you later! The broadcast begins at 8:30/5:30pt on ABC
- Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta attended Elton John’s Academy Awards Viewing Party. Check out the photos – Kris and Katy Allen HERE. Allison Iraheta HERE, Kris and Allison with Elle’s Joe Zee HERE. Kris and Allison with Elton John HERE.
- Congrats to the Oscar pool winners! First Place: Lionsgate Second Place: athleticsfan43 3rd Place: chessguy99, saspurs21fan 5th place, Jahiegel, Lorelai48, Kirsten, expressguy2007, Flibby
Oscar Winners after the JUMP…
The Hurt Locker was the big winner, racking up six Academy Awards, including Best Directing and Best Picture.
- Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz for Inglorious Basterds
- Animated Feature Film: Up by Pete Doctor
- Original Song: “The Weary Kind” by Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett from Crazy Heart
- Original Screenplay: Mark Boal for The Hurt Locker
- Short Film: Nicolas Schmerkin for Logorama
- Documentary Short: Roger Ross Williams and Elinor Burkett for Music By Prudence
- Short Film (Live Action): The New Tenants by Joachim Back and Tivi Magnusson
- Makeup: Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow for Star Trek.
- Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher for Precious
- Art Direction: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction); Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration) for Avatar
- Actress in a Supporting Role: Mo’nique for Precious
- Costume Design: Sandy Powell for Young Victoria
- Sound Editing: Paul N.J. Ottosson for The Hurt Locker
- Sound Mixing: Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett for The Hurt Locker
- Cinematography: Mauro Fiore for Avatar
- Music (Original Score): Michael Giacchino for Up
- Visual Effects: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones for Avatar.
- Documentary Feature: Louie Psihoyos and Fisher Stevens for The Cove
- Film Editing: Bob Murawski and Chris Innis for The Hurt Locker
- Foreign Language Film: The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos) – Argentina – Directed by Juan José Campanella
- Actor in a Lead Role: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart
- Actress in a Lead Role: Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side
- Directing: Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker
- Picture: The Hurt Locker