ETA: Another interview with Simon from Access Hollywood
- Although he thinks Jordin is a better singer, he thinks Blake will be easier to produce. He says, “I think Blake would be easier to produce because he’s more contemporary…I mean, there are a lot of people out there like Jordin already. I think Blake is an easier artist to focus on.”
- After his Idol contract is up in 3 years, he claims that he’ll be done with Idol to concentrate on producing.
The second half is more interesting than the first.
- Simon Cowell claims that he can’t predict the winner of the competition this year. He calls it “The Entertainer vs. the Singer.” He believes it will come right down to the wire at the end. He thinks that is a good thing.
- Simon says, contrary to what’s been written in the tabloids, he is NOT engaged to be married.
- Simon said he was “really depressed for 24 hours” after Melinda Doolittle was booted last week. He thought she was the best singer and tried harder than the other contestants.