UPDATE: Watch performance videos of today’s concert at The Ledge Enquirer
Proclamation – It’s Phil Phillips Day!
Phil was presented with a brand new 12 string guitar
Phillip Phillips returned to Southwest Georgia last night to a throng of fans waiting for him at the airport. He’s excited to see family and friends, Phil told FOX31 Also Phillip meets the Crowd, Phillip has Left the Building, Phillip Meets the Crowd.
- Phil returns to his family’s pawn shop PHOTO
- Phillip visited children at Phoebe for a private concert!
- Time for lunch has arrived and Phillip is getting the chicken and cheese nachos he wanted on Wednesday night’s showing of American Idol.
- @Suzie Max: Phil took the stage at his High School 2+ hours late. Local fox station had the beginning live.
- @Suzie Max: local law enforcement estimate 20K+ in Leesburg, GA @ Lee County HS. Fans from as far as Texas & Maryland.
- It was declared Phillip Phillips day in Lee County
- Phil performed: Superstition, Still Rainin, Nice & Slow, Thriller, Volcano and Along the Watchtower
Phil’s Lee County High School Concert: He sang “Superstitious”,
Interview with FOX 31 last night after arrival
I’ll be collecting media here for Phil Phillips hometown visit. Here is his schedule for today:
Fri 10 PM: Phillip’s celebration starts when he arrives Friday night at the Eagles of America near the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport. The address is 3905 Newton Rd, suite 111. The brown building housing Eagles of America sits off just from the airport. It is not the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport and parking is not allowed there. Free parking is allowed at the service entrance in the grass lots. You are encouraged to be there by 10 PM and you are allowed to bring signs!
Saturday 10 AM: On Saturday, Phillips will make visits to the local Cumulus building for a radio tour on Broad Avenue at 10 AM. This will be followed up by a visit to his dad’s pawn shop afterwards.
Saturday: 2:30 PM: Then, the Lee County Chamber of Commerce continues the homecoming celebration with a parade that will begin at 2:30 p.m. and will run down Hwy. 32 from Starksville Avenue to the Lee County High School.
Saturday 3 pm: The concert will begin at 3:00 p.m. at the Lee County High School Football Stadium. Gates will not open until 2:00 p.m. No coolers or backpacks will be allowed. The event is free and open to the public. (FOX31)