Eleven contestants are left, only 10 get to perform as one is eliminated…
Jeff Steele – Mentors the Groups
John Rich – Mentors the Women
Jewell – Mentors the Men
- Laura and Sophie – “Rockin’ with the Rhythm of the Rain” by The Judds – Yes, the slumber party continues. The girls have good voices, but are still very very green. VIDEO
- Ashlee Hewitt – “Ring of Fire” by Johnny Cash – Absolutely one of the best performances of the night, despite that distracting little glitch in her voice. This girl is going far – VIDEO
- Justin Gaston – “Hey There Delilah” by Pain White T’s – OMG he’s laughably bad… – VIDEO
- Alyson Gilbert – “Every Breath You Take” by Sting – John Rich done good. She was so much better than last week. She actually has a good voice. – VIDEO
- Pearl Heart – “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” by Bon Jovi – Nice, tight harmonies, but their stage presence isn’t great. John Rich holds up Taylor Swift as the artist they should aspire to. I beg to differ. VIDEO
- Tommy Stanley – “Save A Horse, Ride a Cowboy” by John Rich – Not likin’ him as much as I did last week. His sucking up to John Rich worked well. John is easily impressed – VIDEO
- Gabe Garcia – “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” by Creedence Clearwater Revival – Gabe has an awesome voice. Very authentic. – VIDEO
- Shawn Mayer – “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones – Shawn has her moments, but she’s wound up and nervous as she sings. She’s got to relax a bit. She’s got a good voice in there somewhere – VIDEO
- Coffey – “Waiting on the World to Change” by John Mayer – VIDEO – OMG it’s GOAT BOY!
- Melissa Lawson – “Natural Woman” by Aretha Franklin – Wow, those high notes were tough. Not nearly as good as she was last week. I wonder if she’s even really a country artist – VIDEO
- Third Town – “Play Some Mountain Music” by Alabama – The boys were set to perform “Bohemian Rhapsody”, and Jeff Steele talked them out of it. Damn! That would have been awesomely bad! Instead, we got a karaoke version of Alabama – VIDEO
- Trace Adkins performs “You’re Gonna Miss This.” The contestants sing backup – VIDEO
Everybody got to perform, the last two standing are Melissa Lawson and Third Town. Melissa, the girl who blew everyone away last week, and the cornier than corny Third Town, who barely made the cut in the first place are the last two? So gee, who do you think is going to be eliminated?
Third Town is Eliminated – VIDEO -When it was just them and Melissa, they must have known the gig was up.
Next week is “Pop Week” – The Contestants pick their favorite Pop songs.