Michael Castro (Jason’s little bro) had some interesting things to say via twitter last night about his American Idol 9 experience.
Those of you who watched last night’s group rounds saw Michael and fellow group member, Seth Rollins, get cut after their group, Team Awesome performed “Get Ready” by the Temptations. Michael Lynche and Tim Urban moved on to the next round.
After last night’s show, Michael tweeted a few interesting impressions:
- The group “Faith” was NOT the first group of the day, “Just watching idol and that group was NOT first. Team awesome aka my group was the first group to go!”
- Michael named the group, And it’s funny they didn’t show me sing and they showed the rest if my group sing?! I actually did name the group team awesome fyi B)
- Michael got no feedback after he was cut, To answer questions…no idea why I got cut! Didn’t really get any feedback, they just said we did okay then I was cut! But I sang it great!
- Michael’s not sure if he’ll try out again, And about next year, no idea if I’ll try out..Simon will be gone and who knows what’ll happen to the show..plenty of time to decide tho
- Michael was very sick right before Hollywood Week, And remember when I had mono and strep and was gettin i.v.’s every day? That’s bc I was sick just before Hwood week..last IV the day before
- Michael sang covered Ray Lamontagne in the solo round, So didn’t get to practice but by the time I had to sing I was good to go! First round I did “trouble” on piano
- TPTB REALLY want a girl to win, And I would like to point out there were like twice as many girls as boys in Hollywood week…fishy??
- Anyways thanks to everyone for the support! As long as you guys are around I’ll be makin music for ya
Interesting. AINow.org is interviewing him tonight. Maybe Michael will elaborate on some of these thoughts.