Headlines: Lauren Alaina Set for Love & Acceptance, Harry Styles Cancels Tour

Country Music’s GLAAD-Supporting ‘Love & Acceptance’ Show Adds Lauren Alaina, Kalie Shorr, Rita Wilson and More – “The Concert for Love & Acceptance,” the annual LGBTQ-supportive benefit show out of Nashville, has revealed a preliminary talent lineup for this year’s webcast that includes Lauren Alaina, Dennis Quaid, Rita Wilson, Kalie Shorr, Terri Clark, Billy Gilman and Lewis Brice. Previously announced were Tanya Tucker, as the show-opening performer, and Kristen Chenoweth and country music radio/TV personality Cody Alan as hosts. Event founder Ty Herndon, who previously co-hosted with Alan, is back on board as executive producer. More names will be added prior to the June 30 livestream, which during this quarantine season is subbing for the live event that has been put on in Nashville during the week of the CMA Festival since 2015. – Read more at Variety.com

Harry Styles Postpones Love on Tour, Harryween Shows to 2021 – Harry Styles announced that he will be postponing all of his North American tour dates to 2021. Style’s Love on Tour trek was originally supposed to kick off in Europe this past April, but the spread of COVID-19 caused him to quickly reschedule that tour. “This summer we were excited to be bringing Love on Tour to North America. However, due to the ongoing threat from COVID-19 we have been forced to reschedule these dates to next summer,” Styles wrote on Instagram. “The well-being of my crew and all the fans around the world will always hold top priority. I can’t wait to see you all out on the road as soon as it’s safe to do so.” – Read more at Rolling Stone

Cristina Rae Admits She Watches Her‘AGT’ Golden Buzzer Moment With Her SonEvery Day: It’s A ‘Blessing’ – “I was completely shocked because I know that this is a huge show with a huge platform, and to get the Golden Buzzer not only means that I go straight to the live shows, but it means that I’m getting closer and closer to calling a place a home,” Cristina told HollywoodLife. “I want to be as stable as possible for my son and myself. I have gone through a lot of times when I have had down moments where I’m not in a home or I’m in a vehicle. I’m still shocked. I’ve watched it 3 times today because my son wants to watch it, and I’ve cried every time because it’s been a long journey.” – Read more at Hollywood Life

Todd Tilghman honored by Mississippi Legislature – Todd Tilghman, of Meridian, was honored by the Mississippi Legislature Thursday. Resolutions were passed by both the House and Senate recognizing his win on the 18th season of The Voice and his contribution to Mississippi’s music legacy. Tilghman won $100,000 and a recording contract. Tilghman is pastor of Cornerstone Church in Meridian. He said the prayer for both chambers and sang Amazing Grace for the House. Tilghman later met with Gov. Tate Reeves and First Lady Elee Reeves at the Governor’s Mansion. – read more at WLBT.com

‘The Voice’ Winner Todd Tilghman Announces Concert Residency, Teases EP – The Voice winner Todd Tilghman recently shared some exciting news with his fans via Facebook Live. Live from the front porch exhibit at the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience (The MAX) in Meridian, Mississippi on Friday (June 12), the father of eight revealed that he has signed on for a month-long concert residency at The Theatre Of The Stars (formerly known as the Memories Theater) in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Tilghman will take the stage at the theatre every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening throughout the month. “The guidelines are all in place, don’t worry, I know all of you have all these COVID questions, chill, the people that are in charge of the theater have all of that and the theater will be handling all of that and they will be strictly following the guidelines that they have there in Tennessee as well as in that city,” he said. – Read more at Country Now

Carrie Underwood’s husband Mike Fisher thanks local police department for locating his stolen truck…after pleading for the public’s help on Instagram – Carrie Underwood’s husband of nine-years Mike Fisher pled for the public’s help on Thursday after his ‘truck was stolen [Wednesday night] in Edmonton Alberta.’ And in an Instagram Story post shared on Friday, the 40-year-old former professional hockey player revealed that his beloved ‘1975 Ford F250 crew cab truck’ had been ‘FOUND.’ ‘Thank you for all the help,’ wrote Fisher, who made sure to send a special thank you to the Edmonton Police Service and the Edmonton Blues Society for their efforts. In a distraught post shared on Thursday, Fisher had urged anyone that had seen the ‘truck anywhere’ to either send him a direct message ‘or contact Edmonton police!’ And it appears that the public came out in droves to aid Mike in his desperate search. – Read more at DailyMail.com

Lady Antebellum Is Now ‘Lady A.’ But So Is a Blues Singer Who’s Used the Name for 20 Years – Seattle blues singer Lady A had just gotten off of work on Thursday when a bombardment of phone messages from friends, fans and producers came in all shouting the same thing: Her name had been stolen. This Lady A — a 61-year-old black woman whose real name is Anita White — has been playing the blues under the name for more than 20 years. White tells Rolling Stone she’s frustrated that Lady Antebellum hadn’t gone to her before making a decision, pointing out the irony in changing a name in support of racial equality while simultaneously taking another one from a black performer. – Read more at Rolling Stone

Black and Gay in America: What It’s Like to Be Todrick Hall – He has appeared on Broadway, gone viral with dazzling music videos and sashayed all over reality competition shows. But Todrick Hall is still fighting for his place in the industry, where he says racism and homophobia linger — while owning up to his past mistakes. – Read more at Billboard

‘The Bachelor’: Inside Matt James’ Selection as the First Black Star in Series History (EXCLUSIVE) – James is known to Bachelor Nation for his friendship with fan-favorite alum Tyler Cameron, who competed on Hannah Brown’s season of “The Bachelorette.” “He would have been on Clare’s season if it started in March. When we realized the shutdown was going to extend through the summer, we started thinking about how we were going to choose our Bachelor,” says ABC’s top unscripted executive, Rob Mills, who oversees “The Bachelor” franchise at the network. “Matt was somebody who was on our radar and we were thinking about him. We were thinking do we announce him early, or do we put him on Clare’s season and then announce him later, if it doesn’t work out with Clare? We didn’t make a final decision until recently, but this has been talked about for quite some time.” – Read more at Variety

About mj santilli 30844 Articles
Founder and editor of mjsbigblog.com, home of the awesomest fan community on the net. I love cheesy singing shows of all kinds, whether reality or scripted. I adore American Idol, but also love The Voice, Glee, X Factor and more!