Dancing with the Stars returns for season 30 with a cast of 15 celebrities who are ready to bring their sparkle and shimmy to the ballroom. The competition begins with a two-hour season premiere, live, MONDAY, SEPT. 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on ABC.
Throughout the first evening, the celebrity and pro duos will perform the time-honored dances that include the Quickstep, Paso Doble, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Salsa or Tango.
How to Vote
For DWTS week 1, there will be no elimination but there will be a special premiere viewer vote. Voting is available via abc.com and SMS/text. And for premiere only, the vote will close at 5 a.m. EDT, Tuesday, Sept. 22.
Both the viewer votes and the judges’ scores from the premiere will carry over and be combined with judges’ scores and viewer votes from week two. In the following weeks, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast.
Beginning in week two, the live votes will occur each episode only during the live broadcast in the ET/CT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window).
DWTS will officially reveal the celerity’s pro-dance partner during the premiere. However, as always, there are SPOILERS which I’ll note below.
Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:
- Country singer Jimmie Allen dancing the Tango to “The Way I Are” by Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E. (Rumored pro-partner is Emma Slater)
- TV actor Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210) dancing the Foxtrot to “Skate” by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic (Rumored pro-partner is Sharna Burgess)
- Spice Girl Melanie C dancing the Cha Cha to “Wannabe” by Spice Girls (Rumored pro-partner is Gleb Savchenko)
- Reality star Christine Chiu (Bling Empire) dancing the Tango to “Glamorous” by Fergie, Ludacris (Rumored pro-partner is Pasha Pashkov)
- TV and film actress Melora Hardin (The Bold Type) dancing the Tango to “Simply Irresistible” by Robert Palmer (Rumored pro-partner is Artem Chigvintsev)
- Influencer Olivia Jade dancing the Salsa to “Juice” by Lizzo (Rumored pr-partner is Val Chmerkovskiy)
- Matt James (The Bachelor) dancing the Cha Cha to “Give It To Me Baby” by Rick James (Rumored pro-partner is Lindsay Arnold)
- Talk show co-host of The Talk Amanda Kloots dancing the Tango to “Dance Again” by Jennifer Lopez, Pit Bull (Rumored pro-partner is Alan Bersten)
- Actor Martin Kove (Cobra Kai) dancing the Paso Doble to “You’re The Best” by Joe “Bean” Esposito” (Rumored pro-partner is Britt Stewart)
- Olympic gymnast Suni Lee dancing the Jive to “Stay” by The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber (Rumored pro-partner is Sasha Farber)
- WWE superstar The Miz (Miz & Mrs.) dancing the Cha Cha to “Butter” by BTS (Rumored pro-partner is Witney Carson)
- Real Housewife Kenya Moore (The Real Housewives of Atlanta) dancing the Foxtrot to “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat ft. SZA (Rumored pro-partner is Brandon Armstrong)
- Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby dancing the Tango to “Physical” by Dua Lipa (Rumored pro-partner is Cheryl Burke)
- NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (We Got Love Teyana and Iman) dancing the Jive to “Hey Ya!” by Outkast (Rumored pro-partner is Daniella Karagach)
- Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa (Dance Moms) dancing the Quickstep to “Are You Gonna Be My Girl?” by Jet (Rumored pro-partner is Jenna Johnson)
Dancing with the Stars is the competitive reality series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of ballroom experts, including Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough. It’s hosted by supermodel and businesswoman Tyra Banks.