The Competition is Neck-and-Neck: There Will be a Double Elimination, and for the First Time Ever, It’s Men Vs. Women for the Team Dances, on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ Monday, May 2
Check out dance and song style spoilers for this week’s “Icon Night” theme! The remaining eight dancers split up into two groups for the first Team Dance of the season–Men vs Women for the first time ever. check out all the details below.
The remaining eight celebrities will dance to popular music from favorite musical icons, as “Icons Night” comes to Dancing with the Stars, live, MONDAY, MAY 2 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network. The couples will dance to music from such icons as Beyoncé, James Brown, Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder. In addition, for the first time ever on the show, it’s men vs. women as the celebrities and their pro dancers get together for team dances, with the men as Team James Brown and the women as Team Beyoncé. Each celebrity will perform a Tango, Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Samba, Foxtrot, Jive or Salsa.
As a special added treat, the pro dancers’ opening number will also be available in a virtual reality 360° view, which can be seen simultaneously online on Dancing with the Stars’ Facebook page, www.facebook.com/dancingwiththestars, and YouTube at www.youtube.com/dancingwiththestars.
The leader board changed again, and Wanyá Morris rose to the top this week. The competition is close, and there will be a double elimination at the end of the night.
The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):
- Antonio Brown & Sharna Burgess – Tango – “Paint It Black” by The Rolling Stones
- Ginger Zee & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Viennese Waltz – “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston
- Jodie Sweetin & Keo Motsepe – Quickstep – “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- Kim Fields & Sasha Farber – Samba – “ABC” by Jackson 5
- Nyle DiMarco & Peta Murgatroyd – Foxtrot – “Beautiful Day” by U2
- Paige VanZant & Mark Ballas – Jive – “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner
- Von Miller & Witney Carson – Salsa – “A Little Less Conversation” by Elvis Presley
- Wanyá Morris & Lindsay Arnold – Foxtrot – “I Say a Little Prayer” by Aretha Franklin
Hosted by two-time Emmy®-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and Dancing with the Stars season 10 finalist), Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including head judge, Len Goodman, dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.